How to fix your avatar

Started by Jeremy Blackman, February 28, 2022, 08:10:32 AM

Jeremy Blackman

The upgrade changed the way avatars are stored. Your avatar hasn't actually disappeared; it's just hidden. You can use this as an opportunity to upload a fresh new avatar, or you can recover your old one as follows.

I've manually resolved a number of avatars, but if I did not fix yours, here's how to do it:

1. https://xixax.com/index.php?action=profile;area=forumprofile

2. Your avatar should be visible on that page. Download it to your computer.

3. Upload it again as your custom avatar. This will upload it into the correct directory and sync it with the database.

Unfortunately there's no easier way to do this. If you want help, let me know and I can do it for you.

Rooty Poots

I keep getting a "Token verification failed" error when I try to update my profile.
Hire me for your design projects ya turkeys! Lesterco

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Rooty Poots on February 28, 2022, 07:11:58 PMI keep getting a "Token verification failed" error when I try to update my profile.

When you try to update the avatar specifically?

Either way, I updated it now.

Rooty Poots

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on February 28, 2022, 07:36:34 PM
Quote from: Rooty Poots on February 28, 2022, 07:11:58 PMI keep getting a "Token verification failed" error when I try to update my profile.

When I try to update my profile in any way, whether it's changing my website link, making a signature, anything. (And it's still not working for me, sadly.)

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Rooty Poots on February 28, 2022, 09:47:32 PM

When I try to update my profile in any way, whether it's changing my website link, making a signature, anything. (And it's still not working for me, sadly.)

Try clearing your cookies/data for xixax.com, and let me know if that fixes it.

Rooty Poots

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on February 28, 2022, 10:05:31 PM
Quote from: Rooty Poots on February 28, 2022, 09:47:32 PM

Try clearing your cookies/data for xixax.com, and let me know if that fixes it.

It's working! Thanks