Michael Bay to make Fargo-like film!??!?!?!????

Started by Ernie, November 19, 2003, 05:13:30 PM

Ernie

Ok, this was so shocking to me that I absolutely HAD to transcribe it for the board, seriously, I didn't even think it was true at first...hope it hasn't already been discussed or else I just wasted 10 minutes for a redirect....it is from the latest issue of Premiere Magazine my friends, prepare to be either pleasantly or unpleasantly surprised....

Michael Bay is Moving to Fargo

"Or at least he's headed in that direction with his action farce Pain and Gain. Known best for making movies where stuff usually explodes, the director is interested in infusing this tale, about two Miami muscleheads who bungle a heist, with the dark and subtle tone of the Coen Brother's Fargo. But will buff bodies jam the wood-chipper? We'll just have to wait and see."

Can you believe this? I mean, I've heard of reinventing yourself but I don't know that this guy has the ability to do it with good results, I'm going to have to doubt it looking at how comfortable he seems to have become with being so bad. I hope I'm not the only one that's shocked and maybe a little anxious to see this. I just want to see possibly the most talentless, annoying American filmmaker of our time try to imitate two of the best American filmmakers of our time, I don't think I've ever seen something like that done. Bay is the guy that made Armageddon, The Rock, Pearl Harbor, Bad Boys, and Bad Boys II for those that don't know. And I mean, even if your into that kind of stuff, you can't tell me he's capable of being "subtle" or even remotely realistic, I don't believe that...he is way too set in his loud, over-the-top ways. And not in a playful way like McG, he really thinks he is an auteur, he believes he makes classy movies, read some of his interviews. Let me tell you, he is going to need one hell of a good writer and much more additional support if he expects to pull this off. Anyway, tell me what you think, that's what I think.

Kal

I just saw Bad Boys II yesterday and didnt like it... has some funny and entertaining scenes but the overall movie sucks... but you never know maybe he has something interesting on his mind with this project... lets wait and see

Pedro

now that i think about it...it wouldn't be that hard to compare bad boys 2 with kill bill

not saying that one is anywhere near as good as the other, but they do share some similarites.

Kal

except that kill bill kicks ass and bad boys II doesnt

Ernie

Quote from: andykexcept that kill bill kicks ass and bad boys II doesnt

Yea, and then there's the fact that Michael Bay DIDN'T notice that his big, exciting action film should have been about 90 minutes rather than 2 and a half hours (!) like Quentin did with Kill Bill...at which time he cut it into two parts. I can't believe that fucking movie was that long, Bad Boys II...I wouldn't be able to sit through it if Bay cut it into 4 parts for christ's sake.

modage

uh oh, dont give him any ideas.  Bad Boys III: Volume One and Bad Boys III: Volume Two!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.