what is boogie nights?

Started by sphinx, March 05, 2003, 07:41:32 PM

Xixax

Quote from: Phil MarloweAn Earth, Wind and Fire song.
Wrong. The group was "Heatwave".
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

budgie

Is it the title of what goes on inside Hot Traxx? Like 'Ladies Nite' or 'Multiple Orgasms' as one club round here has it?

subversiveproductions

just for the record, the briefcase contains Marcellus Wallace's soul, and the band-aid on the back of his neck if from the soul removal operation.
www.bloodlessriot.blogspot.com
let me pour my heart out to you strangers.

www.anewnothing.com
smile from ear to blood-dripping ear

aurora

Thats just a rumour I think (about the soul - Pulp Fiction)

As IMDB says:

The band-aid on Marcellus Wallace's neck was there because actor Ving Rhames had a scar there that the makeup people felt wound be too distracting during that scene.

MacGuffin

And the briefcase is said to be an homage to "Kiss Me Deadly"

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Duck Sauce

Quote from: MacGuffinAnd the briefcase is said to be an homage to "Kiss Me Deadly"

See, thats what I thought. The last 10 minutes of Kiss Me Deadly is so fucking incredible, anybody who hasnt seen it, go out and rent it.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: DionySuSThe band-aid on Marcellus Wallace's neck was there because actor Ving Rhames had a scar there that the makeup people felt wound be too distracting during that scene.

More distracting than a band-aid?  :roll:

bonanzataz

yeah, but the band-aid is what people remember. it's more visually creative than a big ole scar.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Him

i heard another (albeit much more crappy and disapponting rumour) that the briefcase contained unlimited moolah. hence a much more likely reason for 'big-brained' brett to have had it.

i'd prefer it if it were marcellus' soul though...

snaporaz

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Quote from: DionySuSThe band-aid on Marcellus Wallace's neck was there because actor Ving Rhames had a scar there that the makeup people felt wound be too distracting during that scene.

More distracting than a band-aid?  :roll:

uhh, yeah.

in my opinion, if there had been a visible scar, it would probably imply that some sort of specific injury took place; a specific incident that was relevant to the story. i think the band-aid replaces that idea with just a vague story of no consequence. plus, it's more aesthetic.

and i seriously don't know where some of you people come up with these stupid rumours and theories of what was in the briefcase. i've heard the words come out of tanatino's own mouth:"it's whatever you want it to be; something priceless, your idea of the grandest thing in the world".

it's nothing more than that, and there are no allusions to it being anything else in the movie. maybe you think it was wallace's soul. that's fine, but you can't tell people that's what is was. besides, what would be the significance of it being a "soul"?

it's alot funner not knowing what was in it, anyways.

MacGuffin

Quote from: snaporazand i seriously don't know where some of you people come up with these stupid rumours and theories of what was in the briefcase.

Click on pic to unlock the secrets:
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

snaporaz

snaporaz

edit: nevermind. the link worked after five refreshes for some reason.

Duck Sauce

You know, even if the soul theory isnt real, you have to admit that it is still a pretty cool theory.

RegularKarate

I've slept through this conversation before.