Ice Cube and Friday

Started by freakerdude, December 02, 2003, 04:43:36 AM

freakerdude

I couldn't find any thread on this and thought I'd get some comments on this. I know some of you may think it's a piece of crap, but I really like this movie.

Ice Cube and DJ Pooh (who starred as Red) wrote the story and this cat named F. Gary Gray directed it. I think this is one of those very funny movies that also has an important message. Yes, it's mainly a film about black life in the hood and I think there needs to be more movies like this. I know that pot was heavily used throughout the movie but I wouldn't say it was over-glorified as to what Craig's father says to him about fighting (I won't give away what I think is the best line in the movie). This movie delivers laughs and a good message about growing up in the hood. It is not a gangsta movie, so to speak. Any comments?

Next Friday  and the 3rd are ok.

F. Gary Gray also directed

Italian Job, The (2003)

Man Apart, A (2003)

Negotiator, The (1998)

Set It Off (1996)
MC Pee Pants

meatwad

I remember finding it funny when i saw it. I have not watched it in a while.

The scene that just popped in my head is when Chris Tuckers character (Smokey i think?) is having the dream he is locked in the chickan coup. That was hilarious.

Banky

penfold0101

It is a firm favorite of mine, I've seen it loads of times.

favorite line.
Mr. Jones [on toilet]: Boy, get your ass in here. I smelled your shit for...22 years. Now you can smell mine for five minutes.

most quoted line.
Smokey: Puff puff, give. Puff puff, give. You're fuckin' up the rotation.

The director has a cameo as the guy mopping the floor in the store where Ezal fakes his slip n fall.

Everyone I've shown this film to has liked it, which has to say something.
"There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave.
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high - water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." - Hunter S. Thompson.

Pubrick

from the Movies you've seen the most often. thread,
Quote from: P30+
friday

it was a really big part of my mid-teens.

most quoted lines:
. Who else wants sum of Deebo?

. You better put sum water on that damn shit!

. Ice Cube's drawled out "Yeeah".
under the paving stones.

RegularKarate

Quote from: P
most quoted lines:

Don't forget:

"you just got knocked the FUCK out!"

"I like PIG'S FEET!"

and "Do I still look high?"

Pwaybloe

Quote from: RegularKarate
Quote from: P
most quoted lines:

Don't forget:

"you just got knocked the FUCK out!"

"I like PIG'S FEET!"

and "Do I still look high?"

Don't forget:

"You got to be a stupid motherfucker to get fired on your day off!"

"Give me a little for my cataracts."

"..we call this here a little twenty twen twen..."

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I always found the first one humorous...

the rest were like "we know, you're black and you like pot."
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

freakerdude

some more good ones:

What's up big Perm ......I mean big Worm?

Craig and Smokey ask Red how his eye was doing. As Red removes his glasses, the reply with a drawn out "DAAAAAAAAMN!"

I got mind control over Deebo. When he say shut up - I be quiet. But when he leave, I be talking again.

Smokey, you know I ain't the smartest man in the world, but, from back here it look like you're taking a shit!

Craigs dad: I grab a dog. I choke him and I kick the shit out of him. All day long got my foot up a dog's ass. Just bang, bang, bang up his ass. That's my pleasure.

Reverend: What we call drugs at the 74th Street Baptist Church we call the sin of sin sins.
Smokey: Well round here, between Harmony and Western, we call this here a little twenty twen twen...
Craig Jones: Right...
Smokey: Nigga...
Reverend: Give me a little for my cataracts.
Smokey: You didn't put in on this man!
MC Pee Pants

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye