XIXAX Film Forum

House of the Dragon

Jeremy Blackman · 5 · 251

Jeremy Blackman

• Admin
on: October 05, 2021, 06:05:52 PM

Co-created by GRRM. Ramin Djawadi returns as composer.

Coming sometime in 2022.
"Hunger is the purest sin"

ębrad

• Admin
Reply #1 on: October 06, 2021, 05:06:47 PM
Wonder if the reception of the GoT finale will neuter engagement with this series. I'll definitely give it a chance, but I'd be more excited had Benioff and Weiss stuck the landing.

polkablues

• Child of Myth
  • Admin
Reply #2 on: October 06, 2021, 05:16:48 PM
I was more excited about the Long Night series that HBO bailed on after they filmed the pilot. This, to me, is pretty much the least interesting possible angle on the GoT story world.

I mean, I'll still watch it.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Drenk

• The Master of Two Worlds
Reply #3 on: October 06, 2021, 05:24:30 PM
"You like dragons? Here are all the dragons."

I'm not sure this will work.
Ascension.

Jeremy Blackman

• Admin
Reply #4 on: October 06, 2021, 05:39:51 PM
I dunno, I think there's a lot of potential with the Targaryens. I haven't read Fire & Blood yet, but I assume the historical Targaryens have more potential for viciousness and backstabbing than even the contemporary GoT houses. If they achieve a good balance between palace intrigue and dragons, this might work.

Wonder if the reception of the GoT finale will neuter engagement with this series. I'll definitely give it a chance, but I'd be more excited had Benioff and Weiss stuck the landing.

Personally I think sentiment on GoT's ending has curdled to an unreasonable degree.

I'm not saying Lost and GoT have equally good endings, but they're pretty similar in my view. GoT had some bad episodes in its final season (maybe just one, really), but I actually loved the finale.

Both shows also have some truly bananas moments/developments in their final season that are apparently unpopular but that I will defend to my grave:

Spoiler: ShowHide
In Lost it's the cork, in GoT it's King Bran.
"Hunger is the purest sin"