First Blush

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, February 14, 2020, 01:12:44 PM

WorldForgot

Laemmle's NoHo 7!
Neil Breen'z HQ ~

Real happy for ya, Fuzzy Dunlop!

Alethia

Let me know of any LA screenings through May and beyond, I'll happily attend!

Fuzzy Dunlop

Hey everyone! NewFilmmakers LA, the screening that was cancelled back in April, is putting on a virtual film festival next weekend (6/5 - 6/7) featuring First Blush.

Would love it if you guys stopped in to check it out. Our "slot" is Sunday night but it will be available to stream all weekend. They are also having me do a Zoom Q&A Sunday night at 10pm Pacific.

I'm also trying to get the word out to online indie film and LGBTQ-related sites this week. I've emailed a handful already, but if you have any recs for places you think I should be hitting up, shoot me a PM! Its very much my first rodeo, and the self-promotion aspect is something I've been dreading, so I will take any and all help available.

Fest info and tickets here:

https://www.seedandspark.com/festivals/nfmla

Fuzzy Dunlop

Hey guys! Just giving this a bump for anyone wants to check out the film tonight. xx.

Fuzzy Dunlop

Finally! First Blush is coming out on VOD/Blu-ray 2/2/21!

Nena and Drew are a young, happy-ish married couple whose relationship is thrown off its axis when they meet Olivia. The trio's attraction to each other is undeniable, but when they become romantically involved, they struggle to navigate the complications of a polyamorous relationship. The three push each other's boundaries to their limits as they discover painful truths about who they are, what they want, and how to love in turbulent times. In turns both hilarious and heartbreaking, the film tenderly explores the anxieties that shape a generation, and celebrates the bravery that it takes to make genuine connections. First Blush is a painfully relatable film about a uniquely complex relationship; a fresh, modern love story that challenges us to re-examine the rules and expectations that define us. With potent writing, sharp direction, and breakout lead performances, the film is an electric piece of work, and not to be missed.

[instagram]
[/instagram]

jenkins

Fuzzy Dunlop

Thanks! I'm excited it's finally coming out.

jenkins

WorldForgot

FIRST BLUSH RELEASE DAY

party-time  :yabbse-grin:

Fuzzy Dunlop

Hell yeah! Thanks for the shout out. I can't believe it's actually out, it's actually kinda weird!

wilberfan

Well, who could have predicted that FIRST BLUSH would follow our very own PEANUT BUTTER FALCON onto the list of Wilber's Unexpected Pleasures list?  :bravo:

Nicely cast, lovely performances (I especially liked John), locally set!  No cringing, no reaching for the remote, and no eye-rolling dialogue!   What a relief!   :yabbse-grin:

At some point--given the opportunity--I have a million questions about your experience of the making of...   

WorldForgot

Yes, congratz Fuzzy! Rly into this script and the score. Great font for the on-screen texting, too.

Funny, sweet, synchronous with lived experience. Even though the dialogue has quotable lines they grow out of the characters the way chemistry-in-discovery sprouts. Just how a comedy ought to play.

Spoiler: ShowHide
"Your credit score iz probably, like, perfect."
----
"Baby, you work from home, your whole life is a half day."
----
"I need to know how you're feeling, so I can decide how I'm feeling"
----
"I'm TNT bitch, I know drama"

Alethia

I'll be checking it soon, another congrats Fuzz!

Fuzzy Dunlop

Thanks so much you guys! It's so cool you're checking it out. I'm glad to hear the dialogue is hitting that sweet spot too, we worked super hard to get that feeling right...

wilder

Really enjoyable movie! Great cast. Though I'm sure you were working with a limited budget, the film avoids so many of the technical pitfalls of micro budget cinema. Doesn't feel like it belongs on vimeo (that's a compliment). Editing was impressive, too, and you're the editor. Could feel the enthusiasm for your own material and the moments you created. Way to go all around!

Watched on Prime