Ain't Them Bodies Saints

Started by Pozer, July 15, 2012, 01:01:16 PM

ono

It got a little plug in Rolling Stone on page 80:

"You can call it a Texas Bonnie and Clyde, but Ruth (Rooney Mara) and Bob (Casey Affleck) - both terrific - make their own kind of history with a local sheriff (Ben Foster) in David Lowery's lyrical spellbinder about a love triangle out of balance.  August 17th"

Lottery

This movie has been yelling 'Days of Badlands' at me this whole time. It would be nice if it was kinda like that.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

jenkins

aww, i remember when lowery tweeted about an ew smile. happy

Cloudy

That...was a great clip! I love Casey and Rooney's chemistry, shitttttt. This is gonna be good. (mmm...that direct sun to lens right when she goes into his arms....i like)

pete

beautiful.
backlit both ways!
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Kellen

Yes, can't wait to watch this!

modage

Aint Them Bodies Saints opens on August 16, and hits VOD on August 19.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

xerxes

That clip sure has me excited.

matt35mm

I didn't believe this was really a movie and not just a bunch of still pictures until I saw that clip.

Also, 25-minute chit-chat with David:

http://blogs.indiewire.com/thompsononhollywood/aint-them-bodies-saints-david-lowery

Cloudy

My excitement/anticipation for this is going bonkers. That clip was such a great choice, and that poster is unique and special. Probably won't watch that interview until after the screening.

Kellen

The poster is wonderful, it looks like something you would see on a Criterion release.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Jeremy Blackman

Ghostboy in Cannes. This is quite surreal.

Pubrick

prediction: the lowery stare is the next kubrick stare.
under the paving stones.