99 Most Influential Music Videos.

Started by cron, January 24, 2004, 08:07:48 AM

Pubrick

Quote from: picolas;how can Windowlicker be the third most influential video of all time when it's an obvious parody of average rap videos??
technically u are correct. even tho it preceded the booty boom of the late 90s. i think influential means "name dopped the most when ppl talk about videos"? even so, COME TO DADDY should hav been number 3 at least.. and need i point out that my boy cunningham has 2 in the top 10? that alone gives the list credibility, whatever it's sposed to be..
under the paving stones.

picolas

meh. well their definition is messed. Cunningham's geniosity is well proven. i just think that going by the actual definition of "influential" (meaning that it gives inspiration to and spawns countless other things that incorporate elements of it), maybe 1/4 of these videos qualify to be on a list of top things ever, because really. how often do you see a "Let Forever Be" video? maybe once and a half.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

picolas

the list is the only thing getting meh'd around here.

Pubrick

"don't meh me" sounds good when u say it, that's why i said it.

also, i am the list.
under the paving stones.

picolas

Quote from: Palso, i am the list.
this explains why you hate all lists. it was a trap.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Johnathan Demme did a Talking Heads video?

Cool song, too.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

MacGuffin

Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobJohnathan Demme did a Talking Heads video?

Cool song, too.

Not only a video...

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye