Great Movie Kisses

Started by children with angels, July 27, 2003, 09:08:00 AM

Pubrick

the end of Cinema Paradiso has a lot of old shit u might wanna steal.

besides that, cameron diaz kissing the chimp in BJM.
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Pthe end of Cinema Paradiso has a lot of old shit u might wanna steal.

Quote from: children with angelsBefore anyone mentions it - I'm going to try not to use Cinema Paradiso if I can help it...
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

i see..

well, it's another list thread so repeats are allowed, if not mandatory.
under the paving stones.

Alethia

there's a kiss between woody allen and diane keaton in play it again, sam  where he has to ctach his breath and continue kissing her.....herbert ross cuts between that and a lot of old movie kisses, as a joke but still, y'know...

ono

Ernie

Quote from: eward
Quote from: ebeaman

My favorite kiss ever might be in The Sandlot when Spence fakes drowning so the lifeguard will give him CPR  8) ...that is the best ever.

oh yeah that was fucking great!

wasn't his name squints tho?

doesn't matter, i was just having trouble remembering.  been a while since i seen it

Right, right! Squints was his name...your right. I have to see that movie again, it's been too long. Hope I'll still like it, lol. I forgot a lot of it.

modage

umm,

amelie. at the end when he comes to the door and she grabs him and they just start kissing softly.

as good as it gets. at the end when melvin and carol finally kiss, when he says "i can do better than that."

big trouble in little china. when jack burton kisses gracie law and gets the lipstick smeared all over his face.

the empire strikes back. "i love you."  "i know" exchange before han is frozen in carbonite.

jerry maguire.  when jerry and dorothy get back from their date, and they kiss on her porch as she tries not to invite him in.

punch-drunk love. when barry and lena meet in hawaii. (duh).

reality bites when lelaina sees the cab outside and runs to catch it, to find troy, only to get outside and see him standing there.

romeo + juliet. when they are kissing in the pool.

rushmore. when max tries to kiss mrs cross in the bedroom of her home.

theres something about mary.  when ted and mary kiss after the "ted!  you forgot your keys," line.

i dont think any of these help you CWA, but i like these anyways.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ravi

oakmanc234

Sarah Michelle Gellar and Selma Blair in 'Cruel Intentions'.

Oh yeah.
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

aclockworkjj

I like the kiss in Shakespeare in Love....between Ray and Gwyneth...during the play, off-stage, where Will first confronts her after her marriage...."For I am fortunes' fool...."....they go in for a kiss...and it cuts, them kissing, but then reveals they are kissing in the play....

I dunno...rip on me if you must...but I love Shakespeare in Love....and I love how this scene invloving a simple kiss shows the 2 different (the play love, and real love) stories progressing at the same pace....

Myxo

Quote from: children with angelsI'm going to be putting on a play of mine in September and one of the main things that I need to do in preparation for it is to make a big compilation of kisses from lots of old movies.

The play is set at an ill-fated Valentine's Day party and the idea is that a character has cut together all these beautiful, perfect, romantic, movie-love kisses which get projected on a screen in the party room, in order that when the ladies arrive and see the idealised love they will become sentimental and weak, and therefore vulnerable, open to attack...

Anyway: I thought people could help me and list some truly great kisses from movies. I'm mainly interested in older ones (a bunch of silent movie ones would be a real bonus. Got Sunrise already - superb), real kinda golden-era, truly beautiful kisses. Mainly black and white. But then - this thread doesn't have to be purely selfish on my part, so whatever: basically, what are everyone's favourite movie kisses...? If you could also say approximately where they occur in the film, and why they're amazing, that would be great...

Personally: two of my favourites are Vertigo and Rear Window. Vertigo: the amazing one where he sees Madeline again for the first time, all dressed up, the camera swirls round them and the background changes - all that green: wowza... Rear Window: the first appearence of Grace Kelly, appearing dangerously over Jimmy Stewart then the tight close up on the slowed-down kiss. Beautiful...

Edit: Before anyone mentions it - I'm going to try not to use Cinema Paradiso if I can help it...

I'd like to nominate 'Cruel Intentions'.

cine

Oh, definitely Chris Farley and the penguin in Happy Gilmore.

oakmanc234

You mean 'Billy Madison'.
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

cine

Quote from: oakmanc234You mean 'Billy Madison'.

Wow.. of course...  :oops:

Come to think of it, now I wish Chubbs and the aligator kissed.

jasper_window

Witness when harrison Ford and Kelly McGillis finally kiss.  Goddamn!