The Worst is The Best!

Started by RegularKarate, June 02, 2009, 11:46:21 AM

john

Quote from: Pas Rap on June 02, 2009, 04:32:46 PM

Femme Fatale

But Femme Fatale is genuinely pretty terrific.

Am I alone on that one?
Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

SiliasRuby

Quote from: picolas on June 02, 2009, 07:14:56 PM
my friend, a connoisseur of terrible movies (and starting a similar program), recently discovered 100 Girls.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0214388/

it's an appalling masterpiece. truly idiotic and sexist to the point of women not even having good peripheral vision.
Hell yeah....Masterpiece!
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

MacGuffin

Anaconda
Deep Blue Sea
House of Wax remake
Planet of the Apes remake
The Fly II
Jaws 3-D and Jaws: The Revenge
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

In the Mouth of Madness
Freddy Vs. Jason
Final Destination 2

And good lord, the High School Musical movies are the most entertaining shit I've seen in forever.  All three of them.  Back to back to back, if possible.  I'm not even joking about this, they are more fun than a thousand Nic Cage movies combined.  To make them even better, if you get the blu-ray, watch them in 1.5x fast forward (the PS3 does this; I don't know about any standalone blu-ray players).  Speeding it up makes it just slightly chipmunky, it exaggerates the digital manipulation on all the singing, and it makes the dances amazing.  Highly recommended.
My house, my rules, my coffee

OrHowILearnedTo

SiliasRuby

They were just talking about that on KROQ this morning with Kevin and Bean. Short Circuit that is....

My Collection

Fernando

My suggestion:

Commando

it's hilarious how arnie delivers every line.

here's proof: (that happens early in the movie)

modage

my old roommate and i did a lot of Nic Cage movies a few years ago.  i told him we still need to watch Bangkok Dangerous, Ghost Rider and Next.  i'm not sure if National Treasure 2 has quite enough Cage-ness to be worthwhile.  can't wait for Bad Lieutenant.

i really want to watch Tiptoes, too.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pas

SiliasRuby

My Collection

MacGuffin

10,000 BC
Day After Tomorrow
Godzilla

Basically any Roland Emmerich flick
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Reinhold

Showdown in Little Tokyo

Dolph Lundgren, Brandon Lee, Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa, and Tia Carrere in a buddy cop/yakuza film from the early 90's.

my personal favorite line: "just in case we get killed, i wanted to tell you that you've got the biggest dick i've ever seen on a man."

plus in the first scene dolph lundgren swings from the ceiling on an unexplained rope into an illegal kickboxing match. i want to recreate that scene for my wedding.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

The Perineum Falcon

I think it's precisely what you're looking for. I saw this years ago (totally sober) and couldn't stop CRYING. It also features an appearance by that guy that played Candyman.

Also, check out Shark Attack 3: Megaladon, it has the greatest special effects, EVER, as witnessed in this classic scene:
:bravo:
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

OrHowILearnedTo

Quote from: The Perineum Falcon on June 07, 2009, 04:58:30 PM
Also, check out Shark Attack 3: Megaladon, it has the greatest special effects, EVER, as witnessed in this classic scene:
:bravo:

This reminded me to post this