Breaking Bad

Started by squints, February 25, 2009, 07:23:38 PM

I Love a Magician

Quote from: Stefen on May 31, 2010, 03:03:53 AM
So, uh, is Skylar going to be the eventual kingpin?

Should have saw that coming, honestly.

they're gonna be the First Family of Meth

socketlevel

***SPOILS***

you know i don't focus on the plot so much in this show, the main reason being even when they do something that's remotely cliche it's always done in a way that is rewarding and original. for example the way that Skylar is now joining the fold is far more interesting and organic than Catherine Zeta-Jones in Traffic. i know traffic was a movie but i hated her storyline because i just didn't buy it. the beats in this show are utilized perfectly and the end result is a much greater effect.

it's not to say i don't wonder whats going to happen next, but I'm not looking for it to be so crazy and out there. because the beauty of the show to me is how it's not afraid to lead you the typical plot points, because it is confident in the masterful execution.

watched it last night with two of my best friends and at one point one turned to me (it was at the point in which we find out the boy that murdered his friend is his love interests brother) and said "did they just jump the shark?" (that's "nuke the fridge" to you young peeps) and i replied that they didn't, because if they did based on these unrealistic circumstances then jumping the shark happened in the 2nd season. Q (don't know his name other than Q from star trek lol) showing up at the bar that Walter was at, just after Walt murdered his daughter, is way more unbelievable. and because the show is brilliant i got past that, so i can get past this.

solid episode, very enjoyable moments throughout.
the one last hit that spent you...

Fernando

so another great episode, what a shock.

these guys sure know how to handle tension, and in this episode they did more than once, even the dinner with gus was and of course jessie going to that corner at the end. this series is just amazing.

diggler

Gus reminds me of my roommate. He's cordial, organized, and we all think he has a dead body in his trunk.

I agree that Skylar's turn to the dark side was very believable. Her story is starting out the same way Walt's did, with rationalizing the crime with noble circumstances.  What happens once Hank walks out of that hospital? Most likely she won't be able to give it up. Walter Jr. is about to go through some fucked up shit.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

tpfkabi

Quote from: jtm on May 31, 2010, 03:21:00 AM
i wouldn't be at all surprised if they get back together eventually.

Do you think that will happen without Walt sleeping with someone to offset her infidelity - or was his lying for that long enough?
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Stefen

Oh, my god.

OH MY GOD.

RUN.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

cine

tpfkabi

no joke - i did not see that coming......and neither did they.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Fernando

holy fuck holy fuckity fuck fuck fuckkkkkkkkk

jesus christ! who could have seen that coming? man these writers are the real fucking deal. my heart almost stopped at jesse's meeting with gus and that whole affair, then it comes the much needed comedic moment of hank's "release" in/from the hospital, but we haven't seen shit yet!

cant fucking wait.

Pozer

Quote from: P on December 03, 2009, 01:00:29 AM
FIUCKLLKFKFK FLFLFL

FKJFKFKFK

FKFKFKFK FICKKFICKKCKC

FKKF

Stefen

This season has some of the best writing I've ever seen in TV. Another thing this show does well is violence. The violence reminds of when Spielberg goes commando mode. It's so realistic it's almost surreal.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

modage

I guess I need to start watching this show.  I watched Season 1 in an afternoon and didn't love it.  It was okay but seemed like it was trying too hard to be shocking.  Does it get better?

Also: I work with AMC so yay to this show being good.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Stefen

Season 2 was pretty good. Had some silliness but season 3 is one of the best seasons of tv Ive ever seen. Season 2 is completely necesssary in order to fully get season 3.

picolas

season 2 is the BEST. it is modern art. i cannot overemphasize its goodness. i love season 3 and 1 like my first borns but i don't think they overtake it. well. season 3 comes pretty damn close and of course we haven't seen it all yet, but the episodes are more individualized, not so much part of an incredible giant story like season 2. i think season 2 is more ambitious as a whole. season 3 is more ambitious on an ep by ep basis.

i disagree with your take on season 1, but the show in general does get better/more complicated with every episode.

jtm

i can't even comment on what's happening right now. it's just too great for words. you just need to see it....i just wanna sit back and enjoy the ride they're giving us.

it's sucks that there's only 1 episode left this season... i'm already looking forward to season 4, which is soooooo far away.

i hope all the gushing from the meager 4-5 people who post in this thread will get other people to give it a chance and check out the whole series.

watching 1 episode of this TV show is more entertaining than most theatrical movies coming out these days.

to quote stefen, "it's that good!"