NEON MERCURY's ++ ps360ii Lite ++ thread -weaning you off WoW since 07

Started by NEON MERCURY, November 09, 2003, 08:52:13 PM

socketlevel

I don't think we even have Kmarts anymore in Canada, my home town used to have one in the 80s and early 90s but it's long gone.
the one last hit that spent you...

Stefen

Quote from: cinemanarkissed on May 17, 2011, 12:46:25 PM
Quote from: Stefen on May 17, 2011, 12:08:42 PM
At kmart you get a $20 gaming credit and also a free $20 game of your choice with purchase of la noire. Best deal there is.

Kmarts in NYC are sketchy places, but that is a killer deal.

You're in NYC? I thought you were in Texas? What got you out to NYC?

To be honest, I didn't even know kmarts exist anymore til I saw this deal and found out there is one in albuquerque.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

squints

I worked at KMart for two years in High School (true story) and if i worked there right now i'd fucking steal a copy of LA NOIRE like i stole all those cartons of cigarettes!
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Stefen

squints, you need to revive this thread.

http://xixax.com/index.php?topic=7370.0

(I've been posting here since 2003 and still don't know how to make a link look like text. HELP!)
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

The Perineum Falcon

At kmart you get a $20 gaming credit and also a free $20 game of your choice with purchase of la noire. Best deal there is.
Daaaaamn. Kmart wins?
Quote from: cinemanarkissed on May 17, 2011, 10:45:16 AM
Quote from: The Perineum Falcon on May 17, 2011, 10:29:59 AM
What was the bonus with Amazon pre-order? Was it a hat? t-shirt? or different quest?

I pre-ordered thru Gamestop since it comes with The Naked City case, which sounded most appealing to me.

I think it's a suit or something. Gamestop had the best deal of the major retailers but from what I hear all the DLC will eventually find it's way online for everyone.
I've heard the same. I have one queston, tho, for all PSN users: in compensation for the downtime, all players get PS Plus free for a month, right? Would that apply to the bonus content?

Quote from: Myxo on May 17, 2011, 10:46:21 AM
Can't wait for a new Elder Scrolls game later this year. That may be THE game of the year.
This is the other game I'm looking forward to most. I've been playing Oblivion lately, and I've been blown away by the immensity and depth of the world Bethesda's built. With improved graphics, I can only imagine how amazing Skyrim will be.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

ono

Quote from: Stefen on May 17, 2011, 12:56:52 PM
(I've been posting here since 2003 and still don't know how to make a link look like text. HELP!)

[ url = http://xixax.com/index.php?topic=7370.0 ] squints, you need to revive this thread. [ /url ]

Remove the spaces.

Stefen

Quote from: ono on May 17, 2011, 01:50:06 PM
Quote from: Stefen on May 17, 2011, 12:56:52 PM

[ url = http://xixax.com/index.php?topic=7370.0 ] squints, you need to revive this thread. [ /url ]

Remove the spaces.

It's so easy!

cinemanarchist

Quote from: Stefen on May 17, 2011, 12:49:39 PM
Quote from: cinemanarkissed on May 17, 2011, 12:46:25 PM

Kmarts in NYC are sketchy places, but that is a killer deal.

You're in NYC? I thought you were in Texas? What got you out to NYC?

To be honest, I didn't even know kmarts exist anymore til I saw this deal and found out there is one in albuquerque.

I've been in NYC (or Astoria, to be more precise) for a little over a year now. I needed to sell my condo in Dallas and the girl I was dating lived in NYC, so I figured what the hell. The girl and I are now engaged and I'm doing some copy work for a consulting firm, so that's where I'm at. The only thing I really miss about Texas is having a car and thus being able to listen to music while driving really fast. That, and Dallas actually has nicer art house theaters even though the bookings obviously aren't half as good as NYC. Now you are all caught up.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

Stefen

I like to keep tabs on where all my homies are because I never know when I'll be on the lam and need a place to hideout for a couple days.

cinemanarchist

Quote from: Stefen on May 17, 2011, 03:02:19 PM
I like to keep tabs on where all my homies are because I never know when I'll be on the lam and need a place to hideout for a couple days.

Well, if you run afoul of the Greeks in Astoria, I got your back and an inflatable matress for you to crash on.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

polkablues

Just picked up a copy of L.A. Noire from Gamestop. I hadn't pre-ordered, but the cute Gamestop girl with hipster glasses gave me a copy with the special pre-order bonus mission anyway. I think that means I'm obligated to have sex with her.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Pas

I hope they'll sell a shitload of it.

You guys should still also get Witcher 2 ... the reviews so far are ''game of the year''. Witcher 1 is top 5 game ever for me and apparently 2 is 10x better  :shock:

socketlevel

Watcher turned me off because of the way it looks. I'm sick of medieval technophile looking games.

It so reminds me of a cover to heavy metal magazine or some danzig album. It's overused and glossy.
the one last hit that spent you...

Pas

It looks fucking incredible that's how it looks! and without wanting to sound way too nerdy, the naked chicks in the game are actually pretty hot.

--

so, who's gonna be the first the admit that L.A. Noire is a lot of things but not fun? Guess it's me. It's Heavy Rain all over again, I want to like it so much but I'm fucking bored.

People who rave about the story and so on...... go read a fucking book man. Good story for a videogame yes I can admit, but come on. I screwed up a case, my boss hated my guts and 2 seconds later he was showering me with praise. I mean, in the case of a fun videogame it's alright but the critics are passing this off as Shakespeare or whatever.

I still hope it succeeds in sales because eventually it might be fun when gaming controls evolve and I won't have to run around a room for 10 minutes looking for a clue when I already found the clue 9 minutes ago but I clicked a little bit too much (1mm) to the left.

Stefen

Can you at least run around the map and wreak havoc? I never cared much for the stories in R* games, but mostly just spent my time running around acting a fool.