Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

wilberfan

Sets are one thing. Production documents are something else.

d

Quote from: Drill on October 29, 2020, 06:48:39 PM
If Jonny Greenwood is doing the score again, which seems very likely, then probably not.
Why? Greenwood proved to be versatile enough. I bet he can be "colorful and extravagant". Also, Soggy Bottom may be similar to Inherent Vice in that respect- a mix of period songs and Greenwood score. Made a tiny bit more cheerful and I can imagine it to be not far away from Boogie Nights or anything we can expect Soggy Bottom to be based on set photos only.

Drill

Quote from: d on October 30, 2020, 11:22:07 AM
If Jonny Greenwood is doing the score again, which seems very likely, then probably not.
Why? Greenwood proved to be versatile enough. I bet he can be "colorful and extravagant". Also, Soggy Bottom may be similar to Inherent Vice in that respect- a mix of period songs and Greenwood score. Made a tiny bit more cheerful and I can imagine it to be not far away from Boogie Nights or anything we can expect Soggy Bottom to be based on set photos only.

Has he? I'm not sure that even he would agree with that. I like IV, but it could've been a lot more colorful and energetic. It's not a bad score, just not the right one for that film, IMO.

WorldForgot

Quote from: Drill on October 30, 2020, 11:30:38 AM
It's not a bad score, just not the right one for that film, IMO.

*shiverz in Sportello*

Tdog

Quote from: Drill on October 30, 2020, 11:30:38 AM
Quote from: d on October 30, 2020, 11:22:07 AM

Has he? I'm not sure that even he would agree with that. I like IV, but it could've been a lot more colorful and energetic. It's not a bad score, just not the right one for that film, IMO.

I strongly disagree, but I do wish it was a touch higher in the mix in places.

It's perfect to evoke a sense of feeling PARANOID (Martin Short style)!!!!!

PinkTeeth

I love Jonny. & I love the score. & I'd love to have more and more PT+JG colabos.

I wonder why these bits score were never used:

There's a weirdo-groovy track at 3:19 that I'm not sure made it in to the movie...
& There's a cool 8bit version of "Spooks" at 6:52, probably stuff that they were kicking around back from when "ARPAnet" was still in the film... I wish ARPA was in the movie :(

*spits bongwater* Wait... where'd this video even come from...?
New Name, Same Typos.

Drenk

Finding comments from my YouTube account under this video I had completely forgotten was a trip.  :saywhat:
Ascension.

PinkTeeth

ARPAnet never forgets.
New Name, Same Typos.

nomorecoffee

Has anyone been on set recently? Eager for something, anything on the movie

Alma

They must have hired like half the old cars on the west coast at this point.

[instagram]
[/instagram]

nomorecoffee

Wow fantastic news! This movie is really lookin like a snack.
btw I think PTA might be the one at the monitor and Colin Anderson is the one operating?

kingfan011

Quote from: nomorecoffee on November 02, 2020, 09:29:16 PM
Wow fantastic news! This movie is really lookin like a snack.
btw I think PTA might be the one at the monitor and Colin Anderson is the one operating?

I believe you are correct.

wilberfan

PTA is not operating. They have a similar build. And they just put up giant screens--to block the view, or deal with reflections, or both.

nomorecoffee

@wilberfan are you there right now? If yes how is it looking?