Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

wilberfan

Alethia

Quote from: csage97 on September 23, 2020, 12:55:44 AM
Quote from: wilberfan on September 21, 2020, 02:31:00 PM
Do we understand what anamorphic means for him in terms of practical or aesthetic considerations?
It's been some years since I've listened to the classic long podcasts with PTA, so I can't remember if it was Paul who brought up portraiture, or that the idea of portraiture was put in my head from analysis videos on PTA.

I think it actually is from one of those (amazing) "Director's Series" analysis videos on Vimeo by Cameron Beyl, The Master or Vice eps (or both).

Drill

Hmm....is he in this (the director role?) or is he just visiting/checking to see how things are going? His foundation is probably providing testing/PPE for the production.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8765199/Sean-Penn-seen-set-70s-era-Paul-Thomas-Anderson-film.html

itwasgood

I vote for the latter. It looks like more of a casual meet up than working.

kingfan011

Agreed looks casual. Although I weirdly did not know they were friends.

Oh and Sean put your mask on! We don't want set shut down.

wilberfan

Holy shit.  I was across the street and did NOT recognize him.  We were wondering who the maskless dude was.  "Stuntman" was one guess.  I'm surprised they're out in public like that--but Covid protocols would have prevented Sean from going inside.  (Could have gone out back, tho, for way more privacy.)  Wonder if he just happened to have driven by and decided to stop?

Alethia

He was considered for roles in at least PDL and Vice, was he not? Or were those just rumors that got carried away?

wilberfan

For posterity, in case the link goes bad.

(I'll bet if we saw all the shots, you'd see some with us blurry in the background.)

Alma

Ugh I hope he's not in it.

Tdog

Quote from: eward on September 23, 2020, 02:41:32 PM
He was considered for roles in at least PDL and Vice, was he not? Or were those just rumors that got carried away?

Yeah for The Mattress Man definitely and then rumoured for Mickey Wolfman.

pynchonikon

I wouldn't believe, too, that it is so easy to just walk around, visit the set and talk to the crew under the current circumstances. Sean's current career status screams for a credit like that, but we'll see.

wilberfan

The Covid Compliance Officer crossed the street on Sunday to ask me to please stay back at least 10 feet from the crew when he saw me chatting with an AD at about that Paul-Sean distance.  (We were all masked.)  He was very nice about it and I appreciated the reminder.

Yes

PTA has been wanting to work with him so maybe. Problem is, Penn doesn't seem to be in Costume

jviness02

The body language seems so casual, but the COVID situation doesn't really allow casual, so it's hard to tell. He's definitely not in costume there, if he's actually acting in this thing.

Yes

Quote from: jviness02 on September 23, 2020, 04:39:58 PM
The body language seems so casual, but the COVID situation doesn't really allow casual, so it's hard to tell. He's definitely not in costume there, if he's actually acting in this thing.

Yeah. I don't think visitation on the literal set like that is allowed. He's not even wearing his mask lol. Pretty reckless. Maybe it's some kind of rehearsal?