28 Days Later

Started by bonanzataz, February 25, 2003, 07:59:34 PM

mutinyco

I think the army base made the movie. That's where all the themes came to fruition.
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

Sigur Rós

Quote from: mutinycoBasically, after the credits you see a scene where they rush Jim to a hospital. They try to save him, but he dies. Then Selena and Hanna walk off, still unsure how they're going to survive. Real bleak.

Oh, I've seen this one! It's on the DVD.

phil marlowe

Quote from: mutinycoI think the army base made the movie. That's where all the themes came to fruition.
well i'm from denmark so i can't discuss anything with anyone using words like 'fruitation', it will only serve the purpose of making me think of fruit and then i get hungry and log out to get something to eat.

mutinyco

Watch it. You'll lose your appetite. Fer sure.
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

Pozer

finally saw this. ummmmm. dissapointed. I thought I was really going to dig this movie, but I just couldn't respond to it. I really don't see what all the hoopla was about. There was some stuff that I really liked in the first half but then the movie took a turn that I just couldn't get into.
This may sound pointless, and even though I liked the opening, I would have drug out the quietness in the beginning even longer to build up to the rage. He threw in music where Jim comes across the bulliten board and so on. I would have kept the music out with the car alarm giving the audience the first jolt.
I don't know, just a thought I remember having during the movie. I wasn't too impressed overall.
and the second ending they've been advertising was not worth staying for after the credits. They should've just left that for the DVD.
it's funny, I was really looking forward to 28 days later and not looking forward to POTC at all, and I ended up not really liking this and really liking Pirates.  
maybe I'm losing it.

Mesh

Quote from: poserI was really looking forward to 28 days later and not looking forward to POTC at all, and I ended up not really liking this and really liking Pirates.

They're both in my Top Five of 2003 so far.

phil marlowe

so what did you all think about the music? i thought it was unfitting to a degree where it ruined scenes for me, especially in the beginning of the film. how cool could it have been if they went for industrial and noise instead of whatever pop rock.

cinemanarchist

Hey Marlowe, your signature about golden girls is a quote from me, and as horrible a human being as I might be, I'm certainly no Hitler! :-D  Don't confuse the avatar with the man behind the avatar. And I love 28 days later, but have not seen the new ending so I can't comment on it.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

phil marlowe

cinemaanarcist, i love you as a human being and i know you are not hitler. i am in fact the crazy man rocco but you are sertainly not hidler.

some times im just cunfusedhigh... :?:

Pubrick

Quote from: phil marlowei am in fact the crazy man rocco
u play with the asses too much sometimes. cut back on the playtime and more classic butt action please.
under the paving stones.

phil marlowe

Quote from: Pu play with the asses too much sometimes. cut back on the playtime and more classic butt action please.
you see p, now you're being rude. ass play is my specialty. the fact that i am such a crazy man from italy makes me the most original ass player on the surface. when i work on set, i am the auteur with an overload of ideas.

and the thing with allways having the girls lick my butt while they sqeeze my nuts is just something i choose for my own comfort. it's a working condition.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: phil marloweso what did you all think about the music? i thought it was unfitting to a degree where it ruined scenes for me, especially in the beginning of the film. how cool could it have been if they went for industrial and noise instead of whatever pop rock.

I couldn't disagree more with you!

jokerspath

Quote from: Sigur Rós ©
Quote from: phil marloweso what did you all think about the music? i thought it was unfitting to a degree where it ruined scenes for me, especially in the beginning of the film. how cool could it have been if they went for industrial and noise instead of whatever pop rock.

I couldn't disagree more with you!

Ya, are we speaking of the same movie?

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

Mesh

I thought the use of Godspeed You! Black Emperor during the "Empty London" scene was just about perfect.

jokerspath

Quote from: Mesh

I thought the use of Godspeed You! Black Emperor during the "Empty London" scene was just about perfect.

Good call...

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT