Ask The Dust.

Started by cron, February 11, 2004, 04:24:07 PM

killafilm

I think this looks good.

Looking up at it on IMDB I saw that Towne is remaking The 39 Steps.  Sorry if that was said already in the fucking remake thread.  That has me kinda muh - eww.

Ghostboy

I saw this a week or two ago. I haven't read the book, but I can't imagine the film lives up to its source. It's got it's good points, but by the time we've reached the long montage of Salma Hayek learning to read English, the whole thing has just lost momentum. Farrell is excellent as always, and Hayek is good too, but they don't really have the chemistry necessary to set this story afire. There's a subplot involving a disfigured girl who is in love with Farrell's character, and it's quite a bit more compelling than the rest of the film; when that subplot comes to an abrupt end, the whole film loses its energy.

Some of you may wish to take note, however, of the extensive nudity in the film - mostly on the part of Salma, although Colin gets his time in the sun (or, in this case, moonlight) as well.

Also, Val Kilmer isn't in it.

classical gas

i'm probably too in love with this book to watch the movie. 

i'm just curious if it has voice-overs.

Ghostboy

Lots of 'em. Colin narrates the whole picture.

classical gas

yeah, i figured that would be the only way to make it decent.
i actually watched the trailer after i posted that, which was stupid of me, and could tell there had to be voice-overs.