La Grande bouffe

Started by Jack Sparrow, May 10, 2003, 01:33:05 PM

Jack Sparrow

Has anyone seen this movie? It's directed by Marco Ferreri and it caused a stir when it was released in theatres back in 1973. The plot is mainly about four guys who drive out to a house where they eat themselves to death. Nice. Here's the DVD cover:

Dirk

Sounds pretty dumb to me. Just my opinion though.
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

Sal

It looks like a family comedy.   :shock:

MacGuffin

Quote from: DirkSounds pretty dumb to me. Just my opinion though.

You just stick to music.  :yabbse-wink:
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Dirk

Quote from: MacGuffin
You just stick to music.  :yabbse-wink:

Sounds good to me  8)

everyone go out and buy "The Sophtware Slump" by Grandaddy...now
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

Pubrick

dude this movie is dope. they used to show it on this foreign channel when i was 9/10.

one of the first films i saw that was sickkkkkkly good. like when the dude shits himself to death. or does that fart that never ends. and now that i reflect, it prolly had sum influence in my thing for fat chicks..  :shock:
under the paving stones.

Alethia

oddly enough, i own this film.......

Dirk

Quote from: mogwaiThat is so 2000.

:roll:

Sigur Rós

Damn, I hate that movie....but kind of love it at the same time!

Dirk

Quote from: mogwaiYou damn canadian! :cry:

Canada 3 - Sweden 2

8)

Sigur Rós

Quote from: Dirk
Quote from: mogwaiYou damn canadian! :cry:

Canada 3 - Sweden 2

8)

Hahahaha.....damn Swedes!

Mesh

Quote from: mogwaiHas anyone seen this movie? It's directed by Marco Ferreri and it caused a stir when it was released in theatres back in 1973. The plot is mainly about four guys who drive out to a house where they eat themselves to death. Nice. Here's the DVD cover:

Sounds like my kinda thing.  I'll see if Netfilx has it....

BTW, is it anything like The Cook, The Thief, His Wife, and Her Lover?  Or does TCTTHWAHL pay homage to it in any way?

Cecil

fascinating, and quite funny. i thought it was very similar in tone to cook thief wife lover