A Good Day To Die Hard

Started by MacGuffin, August 31, 2011, 06:46:00 PM

MacGuffin

'Die Hard 5' to Be Directed by John Moore
Bruce Willis will return to reprise his role in the decades long 20th Century Fox franchise.
Source: THR

After a long search, 20th Century Fox has settled on studio mainstay John Moore to direct Die Hard 5, the latest in the decades long Bruce Willis action franchise.

Moore is now in negotiations to helm the movie, which will see Willis return to star as John McClaine.

The move is not a surprise as Moore's name kept surfacing even as the studio looked at names such as Fast Five helmet Justin Lin, Nicolas Refn of Drive and Attack the Block's Joe Cornish. The derby was set in motion when Noam Murro, who was slated to direct, left to take on Warner Bros.'s 300 sequel 300: Battle of Artemisia.

The new Die Hard movie has a script by Skip Woods and is said to feature McClaine's son, with some saying Fox may be setting up a passing of the baton.

All of Moore's features -which begin with 2001's Behind Enemy Lines starring Owen Wilson and Gene Hackman, include Flight of the Phoenix and a remake of The Omen, and end with Max Payne -have been for Fox.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sleepless

Can't be worse than the last one.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Sleepless

It's called A Good Day To Die Hard. At first I didn't, but now I actually kinda like it. After the last one though, I imagine it will likely be shit.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

MacGuffin

Teaser Trailer

Release date: February 14, 2013

Starring: Bruce Willis, Jai Courtney, Amaury Nolasco, Cole Hauser

Directed by: John Moore

Premise: John McClane and his son take on local forces in Russia.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Reel

MASTER SPOILER   ( I guess  :yabbse-undecided: )

Quote from: MacGuffin on October 04, 2012, 04:29:30 PM
Directed by: John Moore
Quote from: MacGuffin on October 04, 2012, 04:29:30 PM
Premise: John McClane and his son take on local forces in Russia.

"Good action movies by definition allow for more than one hero, otherwise you merely have the will of one man, which is the basis of Cult films, is it not?

Jeremy Blackman

^ Most complex joke of the day.

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks