that trailer was a steaming pile
whoever cut it needs to take their cereal box marketing degree and eff off
cigarettes & red vines - pt anderson definitive resource
http://cigsandredvines.blogspot.com

fortyfps productions
http://www.fortyfps.com

modage

Quote from: modage on October 22, 2005, 11:34:45 PM
as far as KKBB goes, let me just extend a pubrick-esque recommendation and say DONT WATCH THE TRAILER.  it gives away more than you want to know.  just know its good and go see it.  it will improve the experience for you 10 fold.
agreed.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pubrick

yeah i had avoided the trailer, only saw a clip from cannes or sum such festival or maybe even a talk show (it was the spider bit, i was sold).

the relationship of this trailer to the movie is the exact inverse of Night Watch's relationship to its trailer.
under the paving stones.

©brad

how can anyone of us not love this movie? :rofl:

in my 4+ years around this piece, i've tried to teach myself in writing reviews of new flicks to

a) sleep on it before posting
b) read the entire thread, no matter how long, before posting

i have done neither in this case. and you know what, maybe that's the best thing. write when things are still fresh and alive in ur mind, when u have the most energy.

that being said,

out of the 12 movies currently playing at my local shit-a-plex (back in South Carolina for thanksgiving), this was EXACTLY what i wanted to see, nevermind the only movie playing right now that is even remotely original, fun, and daring. like a good meal or great sex, i walked out, for lack of a better word, HAPPY. it was 2 hours of much-needed fun. it was also one of those flicks that u wish you wrote/directed yourself.

so anyway,  :yabbse-thumbup: :yabbse-thumbup: :yabbse-thumbup:...

modage

FINALLY all of you will be able to see last years best movie...

Title: Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Released: 13th June 2006
SRP: $27.95

Further Details:
Warner Home Video has officially announced Kiss Kiss Bang Bang which stars Val Kilmer and Robert Downey Jr. The film, written and directed by Shane Black, will be available to own from the 13th June. Retail will be around $27.95. The film itself will be presented in 2.40:1 anamorphic widescreen, along with an English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround track. Extras will include Long Shadows Sharp Tongue: A Noir Documentary, a gag reel, and the films theatrical trailer.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pozer

No not finally - in two months.

modage

at last: after a long period of time or a long delay and often after previous unsuccessful attempts.  when the film is released on dvd, 8 months after it was released in theatres, (2x the norm for theatre to dvd release), finally you will be able to see it. 

polkablues

Quote from: modage on March 18, 2006, 12:56:08 PM
at last: after a long period of time or a long delay and often after previous unsuccessful attempts. 

We're still in the midst of the long period of time.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Ravi

modage

it's too good.  it wanted to disqualify itself from the xixax awards.

Fernando

But wasn't Batman your pic as last year's best flim?

MacGuffin

When they speak of modern-day film noirs, this one should be included and it's one of the best. Black's love letter to classic noirs is so evident here. It's charm comes from the rapid-fire, His Girl Friday humor, which Downey and Kilmer deliver to a tee. The best digs at The Industry/Hollywood since The Player.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

grand theft sparrow

Yeah, what MacGuffin and modage said.

matt35mm

FINE, GODDAMNIT.  I'll rent it.

children with angels

I really didn't like this film as much as everyone else seems to: I was expecting something a lot more clever and a lot funnier as regards the whole self-conscious movie thing. This felt like Tarantino-lite: his film-saturated mind, his clear use and subversion of genre, but without the ease and passion and ambiguity that he brings to his style of film-that-knows-it's-a-film. I mainly disliked the way that Downey's narration just spoke so blatantly to the audience, as if it was Black himself saying "I bet you can see what's coming..." Well, yeah, we can see what's coming, but it'd be a lot more satisfying and interesting if he didn't shove it in our face so obviously.

I preferred the times where it subtly dealt with the film-world, like that moment where Downey's label is sticking up at the back of his sweater and you're thinking "That's something you never see in movies," then the girl tucks it in for him; I liked that. Overall though, it just seemed so sure that it was really clever, when it really wasn't. It was fun, don't get me wrong - there were some good gags - but it just wasn't as intelligent as it thought it was and that smugness got in the way of my enjoyment.
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/