Transformer Movie???

Started by Gloria, September 03, 2003, 04:05:43 PM

Kal

It looks good... but who knows... how many actual people care about the Transformers?

I will probably see it, just cause i saw all the Michael Bay flms... good loud fun

modage

Quote from: kal on December 20, 2006, 08:16:14 PM
how many actual people care about the Transformers?
good question.  apparently lots of geeks, but i am not one of them.  even though i grew up with the Transformers and have seen all of Bays films in the theatre(!) i have really little interest in this movie.  the trailer was cool, made me slightly more than not interested but eh.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

JG

Quote from: kal on December 20, 2006, 08:16:14 PM
how many actual people care about the Transformers?

my big brother. 

MacGuffin

New Optimus Prime Image Revealed

TFW2005.com has posted a shot of Empire magazine's new cover, which features a new photo of Optimus Prime from director Michael Bay's Transformers.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=1515
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

i hate to admit it... but that looks fucking cool...

squints

this is absolutely the only summer movie i'm going to see
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

So what's the deal with these robots? Are they aliens or robots? And do they only turn from cars and helicopters into robots/aliens? Or can they turn into anything?

Cause if it's a bunch of aliens who transform into 87 Camaros, that's pretty fucking stupid.

This movie looks cool, but knowing Bay, he'll turn it into a comedy with the transformers spouting comedic one liners while their fighting crime or whatever the fuck their doing.

Plus, it has that Shia Lebeouf kid who used to have a fan club here and I can't get with that.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pubrick

i thought you were sposed to be pop culture savvy.

the only thing i don't like about this instant asshole movie classic is shia and that the robots look way too complicated in some of the shots, to the point where i can't figure out where their heads are. if they can't be anthropomorphized easily then they lose all their appeal.
under the paving stones.

Stefen

I'm pop culture shitty. My references don't go pre 1999. I'm like Jeffrey Tambor as Murray in that one episode of Max Headroom, when he couldn't rememeber anything before 1987.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pubrick

hey everybody, this is really stupid. i can't believe i fell for the hype.

i know it's a michael bay movie, and i went in allowing room for completely ridiculous moments of dialogue and story, but this exceeded everything i was prepared for. let me get my rant on:

it is fucking stupid. i havn't seen pearl harbor but from the Team America song and general audience reaction to it i gather it missed the mark, well this has to be up there with the greatest misfires this virile chest hair exposing douche has ever shat out. it has it all:

-blatant gaping plot holes and continuity errors (sudden and unexplained transition from day to nite within the span of minutes - numerous times)
-useless subplots and absolutely NO characters that are worth caring about
-john turturro. oh god. oh. god.
-gratuitously long scenes and a script that at some point in its creation must've been used to wipe a dog's ass.

but above all, it is confusing and muddled. as i predicted the transformers are way too busy in movement and in features to be anthropomorphized easily and so there is no identification with them as anything but giant hunks of metal.

i didn't see spidey 3, shrek the turd, or pirates of who gives a shit, all for the same reason i should've avoided transformers.. this is a movie for retards by retards. i'm not GT, i want nothing but to have good mindless fun sometimes, but i think if you placed a fucking rock in front of a screen it would grow eyes and roll them at the shit that happens in this movie. see it to laugh if you must. a small part of me died today.
under the paving stones.

grand theft sparrow

Thanks for confirming that feeling of dread that I have, as I'm seeing it tonight.  But you're avoiding the one detail that we all want to know...

how was Shia?

Pubrick

Quote from: SPARR•O on June 28, 2007, 10:37:15 AM
how was Shia?

pray for indy.

edit: but really, everything else was so bad that he turned out --- dare i say it --- hmm.. well he showed that he can run and yell and appear flummoxed. u know, but so can anthony anderson.
under the paving stones.