The New World

Started by edison, December 09, 2004, 12:09:28 AM

edison

Release Date:  Fall, 2005

Starring: Colin Farrell, Christian Bale, Q'Orianka Kilcher, Michael Greyeyes, Ben Mendelsohn, August Schellenberg, Christopher Plummer, Wes Studi, David Thewlis, Noah Taylor, Raoul Trujillo, Will Wallace ,Yorick Van Wageningen    

Director: Terrence Malick  

Screenwriter: Terrence Malick  

Premise: Inspired by the legend of John Smith (Colin Farrell) and Pocahontas, acclaimed filmmaker Terrence Malick transforms this classic story into a sweeping exploration of love, loss and discovery, both a celebration and an elegy of the America that was...and the America that was yet to come. Against a historically accurate Virginia backdrop, Malick has set a dramatized tale of two strong-willed characters-a passionate and noble young native woman and an ambitious soldier of fortune-torn between the undeniable requirements of their civic duty and the inescapable demands of the human heart.

Myxo

Hey, it's Wes Studi from Last of the Mohicans and Dances with Wolves. God I love that guy in these roles. He's such a bad ass. Wonder if he's a good guy in this or another baddie.

Ghostboy

Early prediction: best film of 2005.

Myxo

Quote from: GhostboyEarly prediction: best film of 2005.

Melinda and Melinda, The Interpreter, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Elizabethtown, and War of the Worlds all look great as well. But I agree that this film looks awesome too.

edison

The beginning made me think this was Thin Red Line Part Duex

Love the ships

Pretty exciting to get a new malick film so quickly, but im not complaining

Fjodor

Yeah, nice ships, but already to much Farrel in one trailer.
It looks ok; it didn't take my breath away :yabbse-undecided:

©brad

Pwaybloe

Yeah.  I didn't know Malick was even for sure making this.  

It's a fascinating subject.

NEON MERCURY

picolas

so is Colin Farrell actually good? i've only seen Minority Report and from that i just remember he made too many gum-chewing sounds.

UncleJoey

Quote from: picolasso is Colin Farrell actually good? i've only seen Minority Report and from that i just remember he made too many gum-chewing sounds.

I think he's a decent actor with really poor judgement. I could see him doing really well in this role.
Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and shit . . . and Jack just left town.

lamas

Quote from: PwaybloeYeah.  I didn't know Malick was even for sure making this.  

It's a fascinating subject.

you know what's more fascinating?  Malick.  i wonder if a single interview with him or a picture will be published during the publicity for this film.  not likely.

cowboykurtis

this looks wonderful -- terrance really knows how to shoot
...your excuses are your own...

Ultrahip

Why didn't they show any Christian Bale?

Gamblour.

Quote from: UltrahipWhy didn't they show any Christian Bale?

Oh, they will after Batman, I'm sure.
WWPTAD?