Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

Pedro

Quote from: modage on May 14, 2010, 12:31:46 PM

128 :(  Stefen, let me know when this is out there for real quality.

320 not transcode is out on whatcd

Stefen

Yup. There's a 320 web rip on what.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

modage

webrips are bad though.  when is the for-real-real version out there!  i feel like tons of albums recently keep leaking in uber-shitty quality and then even after the better quality leaks its impossible to tell which one you're downloading because the labeling is so bad.   :yabbse-undecided:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pubrick

Quote from: modage on May 15, 2010, 08:46:28 AM
i feel like tons of albums recently keep leaking in uber-shitty quality and then even after the better quality leaks its impossible to tell which one you're downloading because the labeling is so bad.   :yabbse-undecided:

frankly, i expect better out of a free service.
under the paving stones.

Kellen

Stefen

I listened to that today when I went to walk my dog. Well, only in the lost and found.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Stefen

I'm still listening to This is Happening. This album is so good. I Can Change is so good.

Pedro

Quote from: Stefen on May 22, 2010, 06:31:40 AM
I'm still listening to This is Happening. This album is so good. I Can Change is so good.
seriously.  i've been listening to the album at least twice a day. 

I Love a Magician

been jamming some califone lately. was really disappointed with their new one when i first got it, but it's really opened up for me in the last week. check out:

"funeral singers"
"buñuel"
"evidence"

seeing them on june 11th in louisville too. gonna get a caliboner.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

tpfkabi

Quote from: Pedro the Alpaca on May 22, 2010, 08:20:14 AM
Quote from: Stefen on May 22, 2010, 06:31:40 AM
seriously.  i've been listening to the album at least twice a day. 

it's too long for me to get a total feel of it on my commute.

that first track starts out really, really low in volume - is this just me? you have to turn it up, and then when the beat kicks in you're blown out.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: bigideas on May 24, 2010, 03:08:20 PM
that first track starts out really, really low in volume - is this just me? you have to turn it up, and then when the beat kicks in you're blown out.
Sounds like that's more by design than accident.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

tpfkabi

Quote from: The Perineum Falcon on May 24, 2010, 03:20:39 PM
Quote from: bigideas on May 24, 2010, 03:08:20 PM
Sounds like that's more by design than accident.

yeah, but it's overkill in the annoying sense as a listener - for me anyway. it's not quiet/loud like Pixies/Nirvana, it's a huge difference. (this is my recording school time talking)
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

cinemanarchist

My assholeness knows no bounds.

Robyn