Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Stefen

Quote from: modage on February 19, 2010, 06:54:36 PM
FINALLY

It's awesome. It's big. It's great. But, yeah, it's really big. Still great!
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

hedwig

Stefen

Reminds me of my first summer in Northampton, MA.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Myxo

On repeat in my car. Awesome driving music.

Alexandro

Quote from: Stefen on February 22, 2010, 02:24:14 AM
Quote from: modage on February 19, 2010, 06:54:36 PM
FINALLY

It's awesome. It's big. It's great. But, yeah, it's really big. Still great!

someone's got a link for it?

tpfkabi

Quote from: Myxo on March 11, 2010, 04:34:02 AM

Pitchfork's high rating is probably going to make me get this. I like Albarn and the last 2 Blur records, but the prior Gorillaz albums have just gotten slightly positive reviews for the most part. This makes me intrigued though.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Neil

Quote from: bigideas on March 11, 2010, 10:18:04 AM
Quote from: Myxo on March 11, 2010, 04:34:02 AM

Pitchfork's high rating is probably going to make me get this. I like Albarn and the last 2 Blur records, but the prior Gorillaz albums have just gotten slightly positive reviews for the most part. This makes me intrigued though.

It's a very interesting approach for the gorillaz, but nonetheless it's a good/fun album.
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

RegularKarate

I think it's great.  Way better than that last snoozefest they put out.

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

tpfkabi

Quote from: hedwig on January 21, 2010, 02:33:37 PM
gotta double post for this:

sweet collaboration between james mercer (of the Shins) and Danger Mouse(!)

Columbia Records freaked out when this leaked and quickly had it removed from countless blogs and torrent sites. so don't tell anyone i showed you this.

When I first streamed 2 tracks they put out I thought this was bland, but after getting it and hearing it I think I like it better than the last Shins album.

Weird to me how the Beck/DM collabo, Modern Guilt, had a real mid-range-y feel  - no deep low end that I can remember, and then Beck produces/write Charlotte Gainsburg's IRM, and DM works with Mercer on this, and I like both records. I don't even hate Modern Guilt, but there is just something about the sound of it - maybe it's the fault of the mastering engineer - who knows, it may be the same people, I haven't looked.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Myxo

Good friend recommended this. If you're into metal (thrash) at all you might enjoy it. I have so far.

squints

Liars - Sisterworld

...a lot of this
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks