Untitled Paul Thomas Anderson (10th feature, TBA)

Started by Montclair, September 21, 2021, 09:35:17 PM

Drenk

He will just adapt this Daily Beast article and at the end everybody will jump into each other arms and start a business (a comedy club for precocious kids). Oh, and Haddish will start in it, obviously, as herself.
Ascension.

DickHardwood2022

Quote from: Drenk on September 02, 2022, 04:40:59 AMHe will just adapt this Daily Beast article and at the end everybody will jump into each other arms and start a business (a comedy club for precocious kids). Oh, and Haddish will start in it, obviously, as herself.

Really dude?

Even if this is true what has it got to do with PTA in anyway. Plus why is this in a thread for Pauls next film?

RudyBlatnoyd

Quote from: DickHardwood2022 on September 02, 2022, 10:26:39 AM
Quote from: Drenk on September 02, 2022, 04:40:59 AMHe will just adapt this Daily Beast article and at the end everybody will jump into each other arms and start a business (a comedy club for precocious kids). Oh, and Haddish will start in it, obviously, as herself.

Really dude?

Even if this is true what has it got to do with PTA in anyway. Plus why is this in a thread for Pauls next film?

In 2021, Drenk saw something entitled Licorice Pizza featuring strange and prickly characters engaged in complex, questionable, potentially self-defeating behaviour. In the 70s, these things were commonly referred to as 'films'. He didn't like it. And now he shitposts.

RudyBlatnoyd

Anyway, I somewhat doubt that the PTA / Tiffany Haddish collaboration was ever as serious as people made out. It basically boils down to a few favourable comments exchanged publicly in interviews.

And given these awful allegations – for which there appears to be quite a bit of damning evidence, perhaps even video footage – I doubt she'll be appearing in a major motion picture directed by anyone for quite some time...

Edit: I've just seen that Haddish is one of the leads in an upcoming Haunted Mansion Disney family movie. Hoo boy!

pynchonikon

Quote from: RudyBlatnoyd on September 02, 2022, 10:59:27 AMAnyway, I somewhat doubt that the PTA / Tiffany Haddish collaboration was ever as serious as people made out. It basically boils down to a few favourable comments exchanged publicly in interviews.

She did confirm last year that they discussed potential projects (that's where the 30's-Jazz-LA rumor came from), tho seemed like it's been a long time since the last time they talked about it.
But i agree this collab always looked more like a daydream thing. PTA is expressing his love for plenty of actors all the time.

kingfan011

RudyBlatnoyd

What do we think PTA's 'late style', to use an auteurist term, will look like? Is LP the first indicator of it?

Drenk

He hasn't really changed his style with LP, and I believe he won't fundamentally change. Except if, you know, he doesn't get as much money as he's used to, etc.
Ascension.

HACKANUT

Quote from: RudyBlatnoyd on September 30, 2022, 10:07:59 AMWhat do we think PTA's 'late style', to use an auteurist term, will look like? Is LP the first indicator of it?

I think his last 6 movies are a decent indicator that he's moving in a dreamier direction. Sydney, boogie, magnolia... that director ain't coming back IMO. I expect more subtle and obtuse films for the rest of his career. Maybe the occasional reach for a crowd pleaser? But mostly narrative/emotional puzzle-box storytelling that won't click with the mainstream and that's ok. Rooting for him to get weirder and weirder.

Drenk

Probably nothing to take seriously since he's starting his own rumor about Denzel W. being rumored for this movie. Also, it's not a big risk to start a rumor about the next PTA movie being one of the two subjects that has been previously mentioned in interviews. This guy is hack. Let's ban his blog from Xixax.

Breaking News: the next Taylor Swift album will be about liking, or missing, your boyfriend.
Ascension.

kingfan011

Quote from: Drenk on October 23, 2022, 11:55:16 AMProbably nothing to take seriously since he's starting his own rumor about Denzel W. being rumored for this movie. Also, it's not a big risk to start a rumor about the next PTA movie being one of the two subjects that has been previously mentioned in interviews. This guy is hack. Let's ban his blog from Xixax.

Breaking News: the next Taylor Swift album will be about liking, or missing, your boyfriend.

I know I know but I want it to be real

itwasgood

I think we've already decided that worldofreel is not to be trusted.
And I remember that this Harlem project had been talked about in this thread somewhere? Not sure if it's possible for Tiffany after what happened to her recently.

RudyBlatnoyd

That WOR guy is full of s**t. He just recycles months-old news and rumours from more reputable / credible sources as if he had some kind of insider knowledge.

The jazz project would no doubt be cool though. I saw Robert Altman's underrated, oddball, bleak Kansas City recently and as I was watching it I was wondering if it was one of the texts that influenced PTA wanting to take on a project of this kind (assuming that he does!).

pynchonikon

Denzel is currently filming the third Equalizer and will reportedly wrap in January, fwiw.