Where can I find the Donnie Darko script?

Started by nix, December 18, 2003, 07:32:19 PM

nix

Does anyone know where I can go to read this script online? Just curious.
"Sex relieves stress, love causes it."
-Woddy Allen

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

nix

Thanks. Does anyone know where I can find the actual script?
-Woddy Allen

MacGuffin

nix basically gave the finger to my help.  :yabbse-cry:
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

nix

I said thanks, asshole!... No seriously, I do appreciate it. I didn't mean for that to come off as smug as it did. I just wasn't looking for a transcript.
-Woddy Allen

nix

-Woddy Allen

Pubrick

unless ur willing to, what's the expression.. pay for it.
under the paving stones.

Find Your Magali

Quote from: Punless ur willing to, what's the expression.. pay for it.

I can get you scripts to the first and last episodes of "St. Elsewhere." Would that be helpful?

modage

also, try watching the movie.  sometimes the dialogue you will hear the actors saying is also the dialogue in the script.  hope this helps.  :?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

nix

P,

When I asked where I could find it, I didn't mean exclusively online. If I could find a place that sold it, I would buy it.

Coincidentally themodernage, I like to compare the script to the finished film and do other wierd things like study different screenwriter's styles, see how far they stray from standard format, maybe learn a thing or two about writing visually and concisely. I don't read scripts for the dialogue, for as you may not have known, I'm aware that dialogue is often the same in both the script and the film... Thanks, though...
-Woddy Allen

md

"look hard at what pleases you and even harder at what doesn't" ~ carolyn forche

nix

Sweet. I now know where 12 bucks of my Christmas money is going. Thanks.
-Woddy Allen

nix

and thanks to Mac most of all. I, being the dumb fuck that I am, thought the book was a novelization of the script.
-Woddy Allen

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: nixand thanks to Mac most of all. I, being the dumb fuck that I am, thought the book was a novelization of the script.

You really NIXED his help earlier.   *Crappy emoticon*
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

nix

-Woddy Allen