I Just Bought...

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, October 25, 2003, 05:14:10 PM

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

john

I bought the Revenge of the Nerds boxset over the weekend because it was cheap and stupid. Turns out it's cheap and stupid so I did cinematic repentance for my act...

Double Life of Veronique - Criterion
Mouchette - Criterion
Jules and Jim - Criterion (I was holding off because I had the  Fox Lorber release and I never swooned over this film the way I did, say, Love On The Run)
At Close Range
State of Grace
Romeo Is Bleeding

and, new release Tuesday...

Rocky Balboa
MOH: Pro-Life
Blood Diamond (why? I dunno, I don't even like Edward Zwick...)

So Revenge of the Nerds box...yeah, that's going on the swap meet thread real quick.... cause I know how eager y'all must be to own every Revenge of the Nerds film, right? right?
Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

edison

For those with no region free player and you don't mind watching a movie on your comp, use VLC player and it will play any region and you wont have to change any settings, like powerdvd player where you are only allowed to change region settings 4 times then it locks.

Ravi

john

The first two are why I'm starting to love xixax more and more...

Scenes From A Marriage
Saraband

The second two are why I love onblivious employees at GameStop (or EB Games...one of those game stores, I don't go to them much...)

The Vanishing (original)
Rocky II

total purchase for both, a little bit under eight bucks.

hedwig

Quote from: edison on March 22, 2007, 11:14:09 PM
For those with no region free player and you don't mind watching a movie on your comp, use VLC player and it will play any region and you wont have to change any settings, like powerdvd player where you are only allowed to change region settings 4 times then it locks.

not necessary. read on.

Quote from: Pubrick on June 29, 2006, 06:19:02 AM
NEWSFLASH: ANY DVD PLAYER CAN BE MADE REGION FREE.

"how?" you ask,
"but region code encryption is more unbreakable than a twinky!!" you exclaim,
"MY GOD WHAT WIZARDRY IS THIS?!!" calm down.

let's say you own a home theatre system manufactured by Sony, named Sony Home Theatre System DAV-BC150. the "internets" enable you to apply this search string: "region free DAV-BC150" ok so that's a bad example. it's already region free. let's just search for "region free codes"... what is this that comes up? a million sites devoted to unlocking dvd players??

"but my dvd player is too old to even play DVDs!" buy a new one for $50 or less. now, prepare yourself, for it will be obvious to even the most dim-witted individual with an advanced degree in hyperbolic topology..

you have now stumbled into the third dimension

modage

2 (XIXAX AWARD WINNING) FILMS = $28

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pubrick

4 desperately needed alternate endings.
under the paving stones.

matt35mm

With the HBO Doc sale on Amazon, I got:

and then also:

john

Children of Men
Pursuit of Happyness

Eclipse: Bergman tomorrow.

Anyone want a copy of Children of Men Region 2? It's yours for a steal.

That When The Levees Broke is a deal and a half....almost makes me wish I didn't already have it.

MacGuffin

And found some laserdiscs:

City Of Hope
Damage - Criterion
Tootsie - Criterion
The Graduate - Criterion
David Holzman's Diary - Criterion
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

last days of gerry the elephant

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

You just bought your own birthday present?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls