the whole x-men united shpeel

Started by manvstrees, April 25, 2003, 12:02:46 PM

Pubrick

Quote from: xerxesinspiring actress
that's 1001..

and that's the last preview i'm gonna give.
under the paving stones.

©brad

If you could be anyone on the X-men who would it be?

My first inclination is Cyclops. sure he's goofy, but he bangs jean grey, and those cool eye lasers would come in real handy for blasting the shit outta things that piss me off: double-parkers, people with justin timberlake ring tones on their cell phones, GT...

just saw the movie this afternoon, was pretty fun. nightcrawler was excellent, but the most badass award in this one without a doubt goes too...

she kicks more ass than anyone else in the film.

The movie showing was at 1:30 this afternoon. However, the movie didn't actually start until 2:04 thanks to 20 minutes of shit british advertising. I was really losing my patience until I saw guess what?... the Matrix Trailer![/b] WOOHOO! You know that feeling when you're on a rollercoaster and you are going up the first big hill and you're heart is about to shoot out of your chest? Yeah, well that's what I felt like during the whole 40 sec. trailer. we are in for some crazy cool shit in a few weeks, man.

Quote from: PawbloeYes. And to top it off, who could ask for a better title than "Aspiring Actress Jackie Lynn." It takes eons to attain that status, and you, Duck Sauce, have reached the pinnacle. Congratulations.

hey, can an admin make up a title for me? i've been here for a while and im a lot cooler than duck sauce. be as crude as u want, no worries.

RegularKarate

Quote from: cbrad4dhey, can an admin make up a title for me? i've been here for a while and im a lot cooler than duck sauce. be as crude as u want, no worries.

That wasn't really especially for Duck Sauce, it's been the title for that post count for some time now, he's just the first to get there (I think).

If you want a special title, you have to just earn it... it's just something that happens... now that I know you want one, though, I'll try to keep my eye out.

GT got one... now he's stuck with it...

Raikus

Quote from: cbrad4dhey, can an admin make up a title for me? be as crude as u want, no worries.

Jesus, you already are titled "Producer," and you want more crude?
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

©brad

ahh, i did think that one was esp. for duck sauce. its pretty funny, i laughed when i first saw it.  sure its only a matter of time before i get there.

Ghostboy

Quote from: cbrad4d

she kicks more ass than anyone else in the film.

Her scene in the tent with Wolverine is great.

My full review is now up on my website: www.road-dog-productions.com/x2.html

pumba

X Men United could be the gayest name in all of movie history, well maybe not all... but it looks pretty cool. I hope it'll be better then Spiderman and Daredevil (which was the single worst movie i have ever seen in all my 16 years).

Sleuth

I thought this movie was pretty damn cool especially for those of us who know where they are going from this point (plus all the easter eggs, weeee)
I like to hug dogs

RegularKarate

Yeah... I just saw it and for what it was, thought it was great....

Personally thought it was ten times better than the first.

Nightcrawler rules.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: cbrad4d
hey, can an admin make up a title for me? i've been here for a while and im a lot cooler than duck sauce. be as crude as u want, no worries.

pathetic....   :wink:

What is the Beast and Gambit cameos like? They are the two coolest characters, why were they not included in the strory?

i/o

I thought the movie was okay. It didn't try to be something it wasn't, which is fluff.
Through the film I had a conversation with my friend about how these super hero movies don't have to give any sort of explanation for anything that is going on and we just take it. What was up with that time stopping nonsene? Did I miss something?
It's ridiculous and I guess that's kind of why they are good.

Is it just me or is Ian McKellen one of the greatest actors alive. He gives such a presence in any film he's in. Gods and Monsters  is amazing, and something that you can say was great even though Brendan Fraser was in it.
"Mime is money"

©brad

Quote from: Duck Sauce
What is the Beast and Gambit cameos like? They are the two coolest characters, why were they not included in the strory?

yeah, they were two of my favorites too, especially in the much beloved cartoon that came on saturday mornings when we were kids. they didn't have cameos in the movie.

Ghostboy

Hank McCoy (AKA Beast) is talking on television about the Mutant Registration Act in the bar where Mystique does her thing.

They shot a tiny cameo for Gambit, but discarded it. But when Mystique is hacking Stryker's computer, you very clearly see his human name (Remy LeBeau) show up on the list of known mutants.

Pubrick

Quote from: cbrad4dyeah, they were two of my favorites too, especially in the much beloved cartoon that came on saturday mornings when we were kids.
yes! i used to take a deck of cards to school and throw them at ppl all day.. i stopped when i started losing too many cards. :cry:
under the paving stones.

©brad

I tried to do that too but i cant seem to throw the cards right. they always just fall right to the floor. i cant get any distance. any tips?