Breaking Bad

Started by squints, February 25, 2009, 07:23:38 PM

Frederico Fellini

We fought against the day and we won... WE WON.

Cinema is something you do for a billion years... or not at all.

Pubrick

Quote from: polkablues on September 24, 2013, 08:35:28 PM
Then I would have to go to Reddit, the most pain-in-the-ass site to navigate on the modern internet.

All you have to do is go to the link I provided and click the threads that interest you. The title will usually take you to a hilarious image or a discussion on the most minute detail on the show similar to what we have been doing here.

The only difference is you'll see the above jokes at least five days before they get regurgitated through facebook, then an email from your mother, until finally they end up here, at the end of the internet gastrointestinal system.

It's also worth noting that our two most original comic talents migrated there permanently (stefen and pas).

But if you prefer the incessant spamming going on above then I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.
under the paving stones.

polkablues

Too much clicking. Usually I have to click on something I'm interested in, then click AGAIN to get sent to whatever Imgur page or whatever the content is actually on. I'm not made of clicks. Especially when the ratio of gold to dross is so unfavorable.

Stefen and Pas are dead to me.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Robyn

A preview from the breaking bad sequel. Everything's fine.

ono

Quote from: polkablues on September 24, 2013, 10:31:09 PM
Too much clicking. Usually I have to click on something I'm interested in, then click AGAIN to get sent to whatever Imgur page or whatever the content is actually on. I'm not made of clicks. Especially when the ratio of gold to dross is so unfavorable.

Stefen and Pas are dead to me.
http://www.redditenhancementsuite.com  One click, all images on a page are loaded.  You can also inline-load any selected image in that page.  So many other features, too.

Your next excuse, good sir?

Pubrick

Don't even bother. Polkblues has resigned himself to supporting Freddie. All hope is lost. He has jumped the shark.

Just like anyone who thinks Walt actually gives a shit about Gretchen and Elliot.

I know, right, who? Apparently killing them will be a satisfying conclusion though.. somehow. Even though no one, I mean absolutely no one, has given a shit about them in years.
under the paving stones.

ono

The reason I think the ricin can't be for Lydia is it's too fucking obvious.  Since last year in many of the scenes she's in, it's stuck out like a sore thumb that Lydia is particular about her beverages, her tea, her Stevia.  It's heavy-handed, it's anvil-esque, it's way beneath the writers of BB to do THAT.  P's right in saying that because we haven't cared about Gretchen and Elliott for ages it would be a bit of a curve ball, a bit loopy for them to be the ones the ricin was used for, but IMO it would be incredibly stupid, insulting, and obvious for Walt to use it on Lydia.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: ono on September 25, 2013, 11:28:29 AM
The reason I think the ricin can't be for Lydia is it's too fucking obvious.  Since last year in many of the scenes she's in, it's stuck out like a sore thumb that Lydia is particular about her beverages, her tea, her Stevia.  It's heavy-handed, it's anvil-esque, it's way beneath the writers of BB to do THAT.  P's right in saying that because we haven't cared about Gretchen and Elliott for ages it would be a bit of a curve ball, a bit loopy for them to be the ones the ricin was used for, but IMO it would be incredibly stupid, insulting, and obvious for Walt to use it on Lydia.

I feel exactly the same way. We didn't even bother putting that theory forward because of how obvious and dull it is. Walt already almost ricined her; that would practically be insulting to the audience.

I'm completely open to Gretchen and Elliot coming back into the picture, ricin or no. They are part of his origin story. And this is his primary unfinished business. Watch Walt's reactions to each piece of information conveyed by that Charlie Rose interview. He has a little twinge of interest when he finds out the blue meth is still appearing, but his biggest responses come from watching his legacy being assaulted by Gretchen and Elliot. I don't think his first thought is "hey, maybe I should kill me some Nazis" (although he will probably do that too). The inspiration he gains from watching Gretchen and Elliot seems to be of a very direct nature.

Pubrick

I agree it would be too obvious to use it on Lydia.

Here's the most satisfying outcomes:

Jesse kills Lydia in front of Todd. And then he kills Todd and says "this is fucking personal." Todd's expression is suddenly confused instead of blank at the point of death.

Walt kills the Nazis and gets his money back, maybe inadvertently assisting Jesse to escape --

Just like she avoided the Wolverine shootout she and jesse could end up in the same hole.. while Jesse suddenly figures out that Todd is in love with this broad. When the shootout is over he is about to kill her in front of Todd who hesitates .....

Because he is in the line of fire of Walt.

So there can be a four way stand off between Walt Jesse Todd and Lydia.

Solution is Jesse does as I said kills Lydia, then Todd, then is left to FACE OFF WITH WALT.

Gretchen and dickhead have no dramatic stake in the finale, their function was too catslyse Walt into thinking about his legacy. Just like Napoleon in exile, he simply wants the world to know that he was the greatest. If they can instantly restore his standing in the academic community in one scene I will be forever in awe. But I think you all missed the point of the bar scene.

Those dickheads may have played a part but they are just a pure waste of time now.
under the paving stones.

Frederico Fellini

Quote from: Pubrick on September 25, 2013, 11:20:49 AM
Don't even bother. Polkblues has resigned himself to supporting Freddie. All hope is lost. He has jumped the shark.

Don't be jealous.

People give as much of a fuck about Elliot and Gretchen as they do about Low Winter Sun i.e  nobody gives a shit. Anyone who thinks the ricin is for them, is a fucking moron who can't see that it was just an obvious cameo to bring things full circle. The whole Gray matter thing is why Walt started all of this and now is the same fire that burns him up inside to end this. With that said, I agree that if he uses it on Lydia it will be pretty disappointing because we all saw this happen 6 episodes ago. BB writers are better than that.

Jeremy Blackman

Something else just occurred to me, speaking of curve balls...

Wouldn't it be great if the ricin was for the Nazis, and the M60 was for Gretchen and Elliot? That would blow everyone's minds, and it kind of makes sense. Walt can't match the Nazis' firepower, so poisoning might be his only option, and he might have enough ricin. Not to mention, another shootout with the Nazis would be redundant. And how insane would it be for Walt to brutally murder Gretchen and Elliot with his M60? It would mark his final descent while also being a sort of victory.

Frederico Fellini

Naw. That's too much gunpower for two people and not enough ricin for a bunch of animals. The M60 is for the Nazis and Walt will go out in a blaze of glory like at the end of Scarface.

Or..... The meth lab explodes and Walt dies by meth. Poetic Justice.

modage

I don't see Jesse murdering anyone unless it's in self-defense/efforts to escape. But not just for revenge or because they deserve it. He needs to stay "clean" in order to survive the series.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pubrick

I think I've written the most interesting outcomes. Including the obvious statement that Gretchen and Elliot mean nothing.

Skykar is the wildcard but I think dramatically I've covered all bases. That's all I have to say in terms of predictions.

under the paving stones.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Lord Freddie on September 25, 2013, 12:03:07 PMThat's too much gunpower for two people

That would sort of be the point. This is clearly an emotional thing for Walt. Brutality would be the purpose. Also, Gretchen and Elliot might have police protection or security or something.

I did say "wouldn't it be great if" and "how insane would it be"... so this is not necessarily a prediction. More of a hope.

Quote from: Lord Freddie on September 25, 2013, 12:03:07 PMnot enough ricin for a bunch of animals

Yeah, probably not. Something else would have to be in the mix. I'm less committed to this idea than the M60 being for Gretchen and Elliot.

Ideally, the ricin is for someone we don't even expect right now.

And it might actually be better for Jesse to defeat the Nazis before Walt gets there. But like modage said, not in a murderous way... maybe they're injured/weakened by a chemical reaction. Like maybe Jesse puts on his gas mask and cooks up something to incapacitate them, which would call back to the scene where they didn't like wearing gas masks.

In any case, the M60/Nazi thing is not matching up for me. Isn't that even more dull and obvious than Lydia/ricin? I mean really, the M60/Nazi combination occurred to everyone almost as soon as the Nazis became a thing.

Quote from: Pubrick on September 25, 2013, 12:12:09 PMIncluding the obvious statement that Gretchen and Elliot mean nothing.

I really think you're wrong about that.