Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of The Sith

Started by modage, June 24, 2003, 06:14:37 PM

ono

What a wank.

Wait, WTF am I doing in a Star Wars thread anyway?

*goes off to read more about how Stefen got pummeled and Sleuth just can't seem to keep his room clean*  "Now that's good television Interweb."

ElPandaRoyal

"Revenge of the Sith"?

My, oh my...

Why not "Anakin Almighty"?
Si

Just Withnail

Quote from: ElPandaRoyalWhy not "Anakin Almighty"?

Don't go giving George ideas like that!

Sleuth

Quote from: themodernage02With that, Lucas smiled knowingly, backed away and teased, "That's a possibility. Lots of titles out there."

I hate how he's acting so smug about this.  It's going to be another ridiculous title
I like to hug dogs

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: Withnail
Quote from: ElPandaRoyalWhy not "Anakin Almighty"?

Don't go giving George ideas like that!

I'd pay to see a movie titled like that. If only for the mytical STAR WARS main titles with a subtitle like that  :lol:
Si

Just Withnail

Well, I, for one, am drooling...

Gary Oldman in Talks for Star Wars: Episode III
Source: Douglas Management Group, The Leaky Cauldron  Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Gary Oldman, who can currently be seen in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, is in negotiations to perform a character voice in Star Wars: Episode III, according to his reprentatives at the Douglas Management Group. Which character's voice he may perform is not revealed, yet a good guess would be that of General Grievous, the new villain of the final prequel.

Producer Rick McCallum previously said that "in 'Attack of the Clones', we saw that former Jedi Count Dooku was the political leader behind the Separatists movement and instigator of the Clone Wars. In 'Episode III', we'll meet General Grievous, the military leader of all the Separatist armies. He's part alien and part robot. Grievous is a master strategist and the greatest hand-to-hand Jedi killer the galaxy has ever known."

Oldman also stars in Paramount's upcoming The Longest Yard remake with Adam Sandler, Chris Rock, and Burt Reynolds. "Episode III" hits theaters on May 19.

cowboykurtis

why the fuck has gary oldman " one of the finest actors of our time" fallen to working on this shit. bottom of the line EP I&II arent worth a damn -- im guessing III will not be either. and now hes doing a sandler peice of dump. somebody get this guy some rolls that are worth a damn. he may be money hungry -- which would make sense to supply his liqour supply, if thats the case, then my arguement is somewhat invalidated -- but that doesnt make it right.
...your excuses are your own...

Ghostboy

I'm a Star Wars fan, but I agree with you completely. This is totally beneath him (and, while I've only seen stills of this new villain, he looks sorta lame). He's lamented this himself, actually...and said that he's just trying to keep working while getting another directorial effort off the ground. Nil By Mouth was his explanation for Lost In Space and Quest For Camelot.

picolas

Quote from: GhostboyNil By Mouth was his explanation for Lost In Space and Quest For Camelot.
and H. Pot, so i'm told.

cowboykurtis

how was nil by mouth? heard many good things...
...your excuses are your own...

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: cowboykurtishow was nil by mouth? heard many good things...

.....phucking killer .....it s raw man....you need to see it ASAP....

plus the soundtrack  is  wicked stuff...
and props have to go out to the makeup department.....

Pubrick

Quote from: NEON MERCURYand props have to go out to the makeup department.....
what about the props department?
under the paving stones.

Ravi

Quote from: Pubrick
Quote from: NEON MERCURYand props have to go out to the makeup department.....
what about the props department?

Makeup will go out to the props department.

Myxo

George Lucas can suck my nutsack.

He should have let somebody else direct his work like he did with 5 & 6.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: MyxomatosisGeorge Lucas can suck my nutsack.

He should have let somebody else direct his work like he did with 5 & 6.

Why? So he can re-tool it and try to get co-director credit like he's doing with 5 & 6?  I still say that, above all, Empire and Jedi are better films because of the screenplays. Or should I say, because of Lawrence Kasdan.  Lucas would have been smart to grab him to write the prequels.  Sure, a new director or DP might have been able to make better use of the bluescreen than Lucas has, but it's the damn dialogue that hurts the prequels the most.