Scott Rudin

Started by tlong, April 09, 2021, 02:53:03 PM

WorldForgot

QuoteJeremy Blackman [22|Apr 08:55 PM]:   https://www.vulture.com/2021/04/scott-rudin-as-told-by-his-assistants.html
Jeremy Blackman [22|Apr 08:55 PM]:   ^ Amazing reporting on Scott Rudin being a monster
wilberfan [22|Apr 11:31 PM]:   Jesus, I had to pause my re-watch of Cuckoo's Nest to finish that article. Horrifying.
Jeremy Blackman [23|Apr 12:24 AM]:   Some truly chilling quotes in that article
Jeremy Blackman [23|Apr 12:24 AM]:   "Rudin lives to break people — with very few exceptions."

Quote from: wilberfan on April 23, 2021, 12:13:51 PM
If this is the Rudin Thread, then this has to be posted here.  Props to Jeremy for mentioning this in the Shouter last night.

Scott Rudin, As Told by His Assistants A portrait of a toxic workplace.
By Anne Victoria Clark, Jackson McHenry, Lila Shapiro, Gazelle Emami, Helen Shaw, Tara Abell, Nate Jones, E. Alex Jung, and Megh Wright
A compilation of quotes:

Spoiler: ShowHide

Alethia

I've crossed paths with a handful of pricks working in production, but luckily have never (knowingly) encountered, let alone been employed by, the abusive, tyrannical likes of a Rudin or a Weinstein.

wilberfan

Producers Guild forms task force and institutes training to tackle Hollywood bullying

Rudin will be more likely to return from this cancelling than from behavior that was more Spacey-esque, no? 

Drill

Maybe this thread should be moved to News and Theory?

I'm at 50/50 on whether he comes back from this. That's a lot of different people and accounts, but no big names, which is sadly what is probably needed here.

Rooty Poots

Quote from: tlong on April 09, 2021, 02:53:03 PM
Did Rudin produce anything else of PTA's besides THERE WILL BE BLOOD?

He was the EP on Inherent Vice.

Odd to see him work with PTA twice after that absolute obliterating in AICN!
Hire me for your design projects ya turkeys! Lesterco

Jeremy Blackman

Whether Rudin is taken down or not, I think Whedon + Rudin has created a snowball effect (a discourse, if you will) that might hopefully continue.