Lucinda's Threade d'Ideas

Started by Lucinda Bryte, October 21, 2003, 07:38:09 AM

coffeebeetle

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Quote from: Lucinda BryteAnd Kiiljari narrating about how he is used to pile bills on and that's a symbolic reference to something I haven't quite worked out yet

Umm... let's see... He yearns for what the family has, so he yearns for money and stability, and they pile that stuff on him, literally slapping him in the face with bills. He can't consume like they do and he's smitten with the aftermath.

Quote from: coffeebeetleIt has the underpinnings of a quirky short comedy too....but wtf do I know... :)

No no no, that's lazy. Of course it could be a cheap little comedy, but you have to extend it into a nearly pretentious epic drama. It has to be played seriously. Then it would be a truly beautiful thing.

It doesn't have to be a "truly beautiful thing."  What's wrong with a few laughs?  I don't see feature length written on it, so it could be just a fun little comedic short for our adorable Lucinda to practice with.  ;)
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

Lucinda Bryte

Quote from: coffeebeetle
Quote from: Lucinda BryteAnd Kiiljari narrating about how he is used to pile bills on and that's a symbolic reference to something I haven't quite worked out yet

Umm... let's see... He yearns for what the family has, so he yearns for money and stability, and they pile that stuff on him, literally slapping him in the face with bills. He can't consume like they do and he's smitten with the aftermath.

Quote from: coffeebeetleIt has the underpinnings of a quirky short comedy too....but wtf do I know... :)

No no no, that's lazy. Of course it could be a cheap little comedy, but you have to extend it into a nearly pretentious epic drama. It has to be played seriously. Then it would be a truly beautiful thing.

It doesn't have to be a "truly beautiful thing."  What's wrong with a few laughs?  I don't see feature length written on it, so it could be just a fun little comedic short for our adorable Lucinda to practice with.  ;)

I think I had meant for it to be a drama at first but now I'm not so sure. I think Kiiljari should be a bitter cynical depressed coffee table now. Much like Marvin the robot in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. So morbid but humourous at the same time.

coffeebeetle

That sounds alot better Lucinda.
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: coffeebeetleIt doesn't have to be a "truly beautiful thing."

But why waste this potential?

Quote from: coffeebeetleWhat's wrong with a few laughs?  I don't see feature length written on it, so it could be just a fun little comedic short for our adorable Lucinda to practice with.  ;)

Pshh. Just because it's an absurd pretentious epic drama doesn't mean it can't be funny. It could be funnier than a little short comedy, and in a more profound way.

coffeebeetle

Would you care to explain how a pretentious epic drama becomes a comedy?  I really want to know.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: coffeebeetleWould you care to explain how a pretentious epic drama becomes a comedy?  I really want to know.

Absurdity. That's all you need. It wouldn't be a comedy (I never said that), but it would be really funny.

coffeebeetle

Okay dude.  It won't be a comedy, but it'll be funny.  A dark comedy perhaps?  Tongue in cheek?  "Throw me a frickin' bone here..."

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: coffeebeetleTongue in cheek?

Definitely. But without losing its dramatic pretentiousness.

Quote from: coffeebeetleA dark comedy perhaps?

Maybe in the same way Natural Born Killers was.

coffeebeetle

"Shit, n*&gah, that's all you had to say!"

Xixax

Quote from: Lucinda BryteEdited to say that I hope you aren't being sarcastic and s34kretly making fun of me..  :oops:

Trust me... he's not.
What JB said. Yeah.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Lucinda Bryte

*AIM kissy face*

I could defnitely do the pretentious thing. Would have been better if I had written it when I was 16 and thought I had the world figured out. Ah those were the (embarassing) days.

aclockworkjj

Quote from: Lucinda BryteWould have been better if I had written it when I was 16 and thought I had the world figured out.
so being 18 now, you have it figured out?

Lucinda Bryte

Quote from: aclockworkjj
Quote from: Lucinda BryteWould have been better if I had written it when I was 16 and thought I had the world figured out.
so being 18 now, you have it figured out?

No. I was 16 and thought I did. Now I'm 18 and I know better.

aclockworkjj

Quote from: Lucinda BryteNow I'm 18 and I know better.
and legal...kiddin', kiddin'... :oops:

Alethia