Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

Tdog

Has Cooper been seen again with Haim?
Just wondering if its a day in the lufe kind of movie, she's his handler and they are going are going around to different events, fundraisers and competitions etc?

kingfan011

I can't wait til we found out who is playing the rumored parts of the agent and aging director. I'm assuming since there are a number of supporting characters they are scheduling the actors in blocks.

PinkTeeth

New Name, Same Typos.

wilberfan

Tail 'o' the Cock was an actual restaurant in the Valley.

PinkTeeth

Yeah, and he couldn't help himself but write it in, the dork.

Wait, I know the politician's real , and the whole maybe Peters thing maybe, but is this actually based on a particular true story?
Nevermind... I'ma try and go into this as blind as possible... pfff, but it'll never work :(
New Name, Same Typos.

pynchonikon

From the video footage looks like some sort of a motorcycle racing. Call me intrigued.

wilberfan

Alma

These are so cool. There's a lot of extras in black outfits in the restaurant photo - maybe a funeral?

Alma

Quote from: Alma on October 12, 2020, 01:55:41 AM
These are so cool. There's a lot of extras in black outfits in the restaurant photo - maybe a funeral?

Okay I just realised I'd been looking at the pictures with my phone's blue light switched off and the outfits are not, in fact, black.  :doh:

kingfan011

Surprised he can do large crowd scenes like that. Wonder if he had to cut some of them out in the script. Hopefully everyone stays safe.

wilberfan

There are elaborate protocols in place to protect everyone. For example, keeping masks on until they're ready to start a take. "Actors, masks off, crew, shields on!" is commonly heard.   So far, so good, it seems. 

This was certainly the largest group of people I've seen to this point.  These shots were outside--I imagine when they were all inside the rules could have been even more elaborate.

kingfan011

Quote from: wilberfan on October 12, 2020, 11:24:00 AM
There are elaborate protocols in place to protect everyone. For example, keeping masks on until they're ready to start a take. "Actors, masks off, crew, shields on!" is commonly heard.   So far, so good, it seems. 

This was certainly the largest group of people I've seen to this point.  These shots were outside--I imagine when they were all inside the rules could have been even more elaborate.

Very interesting. I would be kind of curious if this is the same script he was going to shoot at Focus or if he had to rewrite a little due to COVID stuff.

wilberfan

Was wondering the same thing.  If there are any post-screening Q&As next year (please, God), I'll have to ask!  :yabbse-grin: