Private eyes

Started by kotte, October 13, 2003, 04:16:45 AM

kotte

Can you give me some tips on 'detective movies'...like The Big Sleep etc?

Pas

Good idea ...

I suggest Chinatown, obviously

mutinyco

Be a detective and search for some...
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

Cecil

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cine

French Connection
Touch of Evil
Silence of the Lambs
The Killers

MacGuffin

Quote from: CinephileFrench Connection
Touch of Evil
Silence of the Lambs
The Killers

Except none of those film have private detectives in them.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Fernando

ono

Quote from: FernandoDead Men Don't Wear Plaid
What Fernando said.  Excellent film.

I wouldn't waste your time on Chinatown.  Rather boring except for two scenes: the nose thing and the fish thing.  If you do decide to see it, you'll know what I mean for both of 'em.  An overrated film from an overrated director.

Of course, you must see The Maltese Falcon.  That's like where it began.  Cecil seems to have beaten me to that one, though.  Oh well.

ShanghaiOrange

Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

luctruff

"Every time I learn something new, it pushes out something old! Remember that time I took a home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

modage

who framed roger rabbit?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

kotte

Thanks!

Just started to really enjoy these types of movies.

NEON MERCURY

. Yound sherlock ho(l)mes...(i think the dude from lock stocked played young sherlock in this film).this one is old and has deserts coming alive and commiting suicide in a fat kids mouth in a graveyard..)..it use to make me feel wierd as a kid

or fletch

Pas

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaI wouldn't waste your time on Chinatown.  Rather boring except for two scenes: the nose thing and the fish thing.  If you do decide to see it, you'll know what I mean for both of 'em.  An overrated film from an overrated director.

This is plain exagaration. I can understand you don't like the movie, but still, a waste of time ?! Watching Mortal Kombat : Annihilation is a waste of time. Not Chinatown. That was just a stupid thing to say.

I forgot these, but the Poirot collection of movies is AWESOME. Each and every one is great. They're on DVD if you don't get the A&E channel where there's one every week. It's not a tv show, it's actual feature films.