Untitled Paul Thomas Anderson (10th feature, TBA)

Started by Montclair, September 21, 2021, 09:35:17 PM

wilberfan

Rooty Poots

Quote from: wilberfan on May 28, 2023, 12:07:21 AMProduction Weekly this week.

Looks like it's the exact same message that they included with the last one, but with a mention of possible strike-related pre-production delays, right?
Hire me for your design projects ya turkeys! Lesterco

kingfan011

I know this won't happen till whenever the strike stops but I wish some more info about what it is would leak out

PaulElroy35

Quote from: kingfan011 on June 20, 2023, 04:28:10 PMI know this won't happen till whenever the strike stops but I wish some more info about what it is would leak out
yeah me too. its be pretty quiet round here lately.

Lots of Bees

kingfan011

Quote from: Lots of Bees on June 21, 2023, 05:47:20 PMhttps://twitter.com/mccrabb_will/status/1671592926915489793

I would love for this to be true but everyone knows Anderson does extensive rewrites and improv during shooting and I imagine that can't happen with the strike

jviness02

According to IndieWire's Eric Kohn, this is going to be a Warner Brothers film and supposedly stars Viggo Mortenson, Joaquin Phoenix and Regina Hall. I wouldn't be surprised if the casting rumors are from the same sources we've already sited here, but the WB info is new and makes sense seeing how PTA was on the call with Zaslav about TCM earlier this week and De Luca's involvement with WB now.

Find Your Magali

Other than the Warner Bros connection, that info about the film seems like an aggregation of past rumors, and not new reporting/confirmation.

Also, the story doesn't mention DiCaprio, but the tweet from Discussing Film just randomly adds DiCaprio.

PaulElroy35

Quote from: Find Your Magali on June 24, 2023, 08:48:41 PMOther than the Warner Bros connection, that info about the film seems like an aggregation of past rumors, and not new reporting/confirmation.

Also, the story doesn't mention DiCaprio, but the tweet from Discussing Film just randomly adds DiCaprio.

yeah thats why twitter is shite most of the time. theres people same just saying that is the cast and not even saying its a rumour.
i hope all the actors that have been mentioned end up in it but im not holding my breath at all.

Heisenberg

Lots of Bees

It wouldn't surprise me if these rumors are true.

I know a lot of people are sure that he wouldn't shoot during the strike, but I don't believe the rules are as strict as they think. As long as large portions of the script aren't changed it's fine. Improv is prohibited if it would result in someone receiving a writing credit that wouldn't otherwise (as might be the case with Ryan Reynolds in Deadpool, or staff writers on a studio comedy) but that has never been the case on a PTA film. Otherwise, small changes in dialogue, adjusting the location of a scene, etc — those types of changes are fine. Wes gave an interview recently where he said he's going ahead and shooting his new film, strike or not — it doesn't mean he doesn't support the WGA, it just doesn't apply to his working process.

Also, if there are parts of the script that he wants to be more free with changing on the day, maybe he will just shoot those portions last. There are ways for him to go about this that don't stop him from starting now.

RudyBlatnoyd

But isn't the actors' guild strike about to start in a matter of days? How will that work?

Lots of Bees

Yeah true, if that goes through everything will be delayed.

Fitzroy

Obviously, take this with a huge grain of salt.

A user over at the subreddit for The Smile met Jonny Greenwood after a show last night. He managed to have a quick chat with Jonny, who said he was currently working on a score for a new PTA short.

PaulElroy35

Quote from: Fitzroy on July 04, 2023, 03:15:10 PMObviously, take this with a huge grain of salt.

A user over at the subreddit for The Smile met Jonny Greenwood after a show last night. He managed to have a quick chat with Jonny, who said he was currently working on a score for a new PTA short.

Guess its possible hes shorting a short if he has to wait for the strike to be over.