MEMORIA (Apichatpong Weerasethakul)

Started by WorldForgot, July 12, 2021, 12:01:25 PM

WorldForgot

QuoteFrom the extraordinary mind of Palme D'or winning director Apichatpong Weerasethakul, and starring Academy Award winner Tilda Swinton, comes a bewildering drama about a Scottish woman, who, after hearing a loud 'bang' at daybreak, begins experiencing a mysterious sensory syndrome while traversing the jungles of Colombia.
Premiering at Cannes ~
music by César López

JG

another excellent film from joe. don't know if it reaches the heights of uncle boonmee...or syndromes... (two of my favorite movies ever), but it's full of great bits and little surprises, the kind of stuff that keeps me coming back to the cinema.

going in, i was maybe a bit cynical about a joe movie starring tilda shot primarily in english, but what was i worried about!? this man is a master! one of da best in the game.

Drenk

I can't wait. I realized that I missed not one but two premieres...It will be released in November, so...in a month now...

I'll probably be slightly disappointed, considering all the praise I've read, but Joe always, always brings me joy.
Ascension.

Benjyosos

Just bought tickets to see this at the San Diego Asian Film Festival later this month -- really excited, was expecting to have to wait until December/see it up in LA.

Though I've only seen Uncle Boonmee and Tropical Malady so far; I'm hoping to catch up on the rest of his filmography before then.

Drenk

French trailer.

https://youtu.be/RmscMBWpd9o

There's something about « woman who tries to recreate the weird sound she's heard » that shakes my soul.
Ascension.