XIXAX App

Started by wilberfan, November 27, 2017, 09:48:29 PM

wilberfan

I'd like one on my phone.  It would be a lot easier than constantly having to zoom in and out to get at those tiny links, etc.

A boy can dream, can't he?

Jeremy Blackman

I feel you. A newer beta version of the forum software does have a mobile mode. So I think this will be happening eventually.

wilberfan

Along these same lines:  I need a chrome extension that will alert me when there's a new post...

ono

I'd just make this your Xixax homepage.  Then, anytime you get the itch you can just go there and see what all's new.

The notification idea intrigues me, but I don't know how useful it'd actually be considering how little traffic Xixax gets.  If I had more spare time I'd explore writing something like that, but I wouldn't want to reinvent the wheel either.  I'm not familiar what all mechanisms are already baked in to the current forum software.

wilberfan

Quote from: ono on November 30, 2017, 05:08:37 PM
I'd just make this your Xixax homepage.  Then, anytime you get the itch you can just go there and see what all's new.

[Nodding]  Good idea.  I was using the link, but not the way you described.  I think I'll edit my bookmark slightly for the forum to that.  Thanks.

matt35mm

If there is a particular thread to which you want to be notified, you'll see a "Notify" button at the top right corner of the thread. You'll get an email every time there's a new post on that thread.

Otherwise, the New Unread Posts suffices.