Best Screenplay

Started by MacGuffin, March 06, 2010, 02:00:24 AM

Break the three-way tie. Who should really win?

In The Loop
18 (39.1%)
Inglourous Basterds
15 (32.6%)
A Serious Man
13 (28.3%)

Total Members Voted: 46

MacGuffin

Best Screenplay: Tie - IN THE LOOP (Jesse Armstrong; Simon Blackwell; Armando Iannucci; Tony Roche); INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS (Quentin Tarantino) A SERIOUS MAN (Joel & Ethan Coen)

THE NOMINEES

District 9
In The Loop
Inglourious Basterds
A Serious Man
Up
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

With my one vote in the poll, In the Loop is off to a landslide victory!
My house, my rules, my coffee

Kal

Quote from: polkablues on March 06, 2010, 11:33:03 AM
With my one vote in the poll, In the Loop is off to a landslide victory!

Not anymore.

Sleepless

I'd be interested to see the break down of votes for this if it resulted in a 3-way tie!!! I mean how close were the other noms to being in the tie?
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Well, somehow, Inglorious Basterds walks out with some recognition.

It's because of the split choice between A Serious Man and In The Loop, and then Inglo Baster collects the run off.  You guys are repeatedly disappointing what I look forward to in movies.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

polkablues

Maybe you could go browse YouTube or something for a couple hours until you sober up, and then come back.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

modage

I rewatched In The Loop last week because I was so sure I missed something the first time, but I don't think I did.  Great dialogue, but not a great film.  Felt like a few hilarious episodes of a TV show strung together than a satisfying film.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Gamblour.

WWPTAD?

polanski's illegitimate baby

I imagine, that the best screen play, perhaps, could be, may be and is possible to be, for i did not read any of them before seeing the films, like many people here i am sure, is... um your guess is just as good as mine... lol
every time you find yourself reading this, think of other great things you could be doing... :)

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: polkablues on March 07, 2010, 12:39:34 AM
Maybe you could go browse YouTube or something for a couple hours until you sober up, and then come back.

First off, Youtube is waning so much in interest to me that it's really just a viral video playground and simultaneously a cemetary for entirely forgettable minutes of laughter.  We all know this.  It never really exceeded that level in the first place.

Secondly, when I sober up, Xixax is the last place I want to be.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

polkablues

Quote from: // w ø l r å s on March 08, 2010, 07:25:47 PM
Secondly, when I sober up, Xixax is the last place I want to be.

The existential dread just weighs too heavily on you, or what?

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Nah, I love this place.  I actually almost never post here drunk or high, I just happened to be drunk when I saw the awards were up and I felt more ardently opinionated for one reason or another.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

picolas

a serious man has been eliminated. those nine must vote again. a tie will be impossible.