JFK.

Started by NEON MERCURY, July 03, 2004, 06:22:36 PM

NEON MERCURY

*NOTE: IF YOU DECIDE TO CLICK THIS THREAD YOU MUST POST SOMETHING IN IT [EVEN IF YOU WISH TO INSULT ME] ...I DO NOT WANT MY PRECIOUS TIME GO WASTED BY MY UNANSWERED THREAD.........THANKS.....

i recently dusted this off..i got the older edition from the oliver stone collection.its a nifty 2 disc set w/ all the jazz and the uncut version....also the bonus disc comes in a sleeve made out of some kind of wierd material..it seems to me that it is made out off a mixture of ctton/silk/polyester/ and rayon.now, i could be wron gabou tthat but i hav efelt alot of things in my life and i still havent felt anything that resembles that same feeling/texture of the second disc sleeve of jfk.......if anyone who as the same dvd please help me out ..i actaully think that the material is the same type of material that banks and credit agencies use when you first get a check card or debit card and the card come sin this neatr type of "indestructable" material...i think thats it but let me and the other people know............but...............as for the film itself as i was watching it i was wondering why it made my top ten .which is a very select group which contains 7 lynch films and the other 3 are by different directors...........oh, i phucking kidding by the way about the seven lynch film thing but i bet as you were reading that and your pretty iris/pupils were grazing across the sentences that i contructed w/ tact that you were thinking that NEON is one stupid bitch and that i cant believe that his top ten list contains 7 lynch films he really is a piece of sh*t.........but rest assured my friends i am only kidding ....but back the JFK....as i was watching this it all came together why i loved it so much:

1.]the cinematography is wicked.exspecially for a politcal film...this is why i love stone so much .....its his films like u-turn, the doors,NBK.that phucking rule its very hard to keep a dialogue heavt film interesting for 3+ hours but the cionematograpy makes it slick/fun/interesting and stuff like that........

2.] i will admit that i ma a closet costner fan.....i gues it has something ot do w/ field of dreams that makes me like this guy onscreen and aslso it makes me cry that the postman and waterworld are on his resume.......but this is his best performance.and if you disagree with this i feel sorry for you.........but i still like you you just need to know what acting really is...........but  this is kostner "at his finest" he was "riveting" ...........excetera.............................oh, and another thing kostners second best peformance is in thirteen days.........i guess anything thats jfk affiliated cast costner...............

3.] besideas costner the other castmemnbers are solid ........  props go out to the serial killer , bacon, TLJ, pesci, lemmon, malthau, and bill murrays brother.........and THE OLDMAN FACTOR.............

4.]i love those conspiracy theories........and ther way stone  keeps them going is great sh*t....i eat that stuff up man........ ....eveyone s a suspect..................wicked.............

5.]lastly.......you know  a film has a hook on you if you are so emotionally envolved with it and [even though you have seen it countless times] you still forget how it ends........this is the case with JFK............as  i type this i really cant remember SPOILER ... the descision in the courtroom...  end of SPOILER..............and that takes phucking skill.........................

6.]in order for a film to really be good it must not win an academy award.......so JFKs in the clear............its funny now to think that silence of the lambs  :roll:  actaully beat this bitch out..........but its better that way.........

so, do you like this film .or do you think its a peice of sh*t.................?

MacGuffin

7.] The editing.

And I don't think it's funny; "Silence" deserves it's Oscars.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sleuth

I'm about to leave, though
I like to hug dogs

picolas

Thrindle

Quote from: NEON MERCURY*3.] besideas costner the other castmemnbers are solid ........  props go out to the serial killer , bacon, TLJ, pesci, lemmon, malthau, and bill murrays brother.........and THE OLDMAN FACTOR.............

Psst... I think you forgot Donald Sutherland...  :cry:
Classic.

Stefen

This movie sucks.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Born Under Punches

I really only watch it 4 the cinematography.  Robert Richardson's a wildman.  When I want JFK theorizing, I'll listen 2 Bill Hicks standup: short, funny, insightful, and 2 the point.

ono

Back and to the left.  :yabbse-thumbup:

rustinglass

I love the Seinfeld episode where they do a homage to that sequence:
"That some magic loogie"
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

Weird. Oh

Quote from: rustinglassI love the Seinfeld episode where they do a homage to that sequence:
"That some magic loogie"

With Wayne Knight Playing the character Newman in the film and the show. my favorite show and one of my favorite movies. Coincidence? I think not.

Anyhow, I think this is a superb film. Any film that can spawn series of specials because of the doubts it raised about the validity of the explanations the country was fed by the Warren Commission. I may be crazy but I agree with Garrission's presumption of a conspiracy.
The more arguments you win, the fewer friends you will have.

dufresne

i sometimes pop the movie into the dvd player just to experience the Garrison/X dialogue.
There are shadows in life, baby.

meatball

Quote from: NEON MERCURY3.] besideas costner the other castmemnbers are solid ........  props go out to the serial killer , bacon, TLJ, pesci, lemmon, malthau, and bill murrays brother.........and THE OLDMAN FACTOR.............

Word.

Pubrick

this is, like, the best.
under the paving stones.

SiliasRuby

This, like other movies such as Magnolia, Blue Velvet, American Beauty, and Pulp Fiction; had a profound effect on me. I even remember the exact time, and day I saw this film and who was with me at the time and that goes for all of the movies that I mention above as well. This film, the first time I saw it, which was when I was 16, swept me off my feet with the slick cinematography and top notch perfomances. If you are new to this thread or you just haven't seen it. I really would recommend it.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Vile5

Quote from: SiliasRubyThis, like other movies such as Magnolia, Blue Velvet, American Beauty, and Pulp Fiction; had a profound effect on me. I even remember the exact time, and day I saw this film and who was with me at the time
the same in my case! i remember exactly the day i watched it for first time, i have a habit, i don't now if some of you have it too but i like to celebrate the December 28 (you know, the day Lumière brothers showed for first time the cinema to the world) so i MUST watch a wonderful movie that day and at 1992 i chose JFK and i loved it! specially the first sequence when Stone create suspense even when we know exactly how Kennedy died, an excellent movie for an excellent day
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí