I Just Bought...

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, October 25, 2003, 05:14:10 PM

modage

mac, assuming you've watched the first season by now, what do you think?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Quote from: modage on May 29, 2007, 03:48:45 PM
mac, assuming you've watched the first season by now, what do you think?

I'm on disc 3 of season 1, but so far, it's good enough that I didn't want to miss out on the sale and continue with the series. I love her character; right balance of sharpness, wit and sexy. What sold it for me was her rape in the pilot; no other show I know of this nature would bring such depth to their lead character.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

samsong

Ravi

Over the last couple of days

For $1 each

The Matador
Melvin Goes to Dinner
Intermission
Tanner on Tanner
Infernal Affairs

4 for $10 at Hollywood Video

Vera Drake
The Agronomist
The Baxter
Downfall

w/o horse

The Wire Season 1 for $21 at Costco.

Sold The Wire when finished for $35 and bought La Haine.  Also picked up Withnail and I and Pandora's Box.

And Scarface.  The 1932 one.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

I Don't Believe in Beatles

Best Buy either mispriced PDL or is starting a strange new pricing system.  On the shelf, the two-disc set cost $9.99 while the one-disc set cost $14.99.  The cashier charged me $5.99. 
"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

last days of gerry the elephant

Quote from: Ginger on May 31, 2007, 04:55:54 PM
Punch-Drunk Love

Wow, I was under the impression that anyone who posts on Xixax with a post count above 5 would automatically own PDL.

I Don't Believe in Beatles

It's the only one of PTA's films I didn't own.  Never got around to buying it somehow.
"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

samsong

the first of what will probably be many deep discount 20% off sale orders:

Ravi

$10 each at Dollar General

modage

(takes deep breath)

from the deepdiscountdvd sale...

and from the deepdiscountdvd "sale"...

8 FILMS, 5 TV SHOWS & COLLECTION OF SHORTS
GRAND TOTAL: $200
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

SiliasRuby

The Accidental Tourist
The O.C. Season 4
Larry Sanders-Season 1
Not Just The Best Of The Larry Sanders Show
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Seinfeld Season 8
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

MacGuffin

My DDD purchase (take one):

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Bethie

Oh, Brother. I just took advantage of the Deep Discount sale. The other night, I realized that I only own like ten dvds. Here I am always referencing films that I don't even own.

Today I said, Hell, Beth, why not just buy some dvds for yoself?

so here are the dvds I bought/some of my favourite films:

so it starts here. next it will be box sets and television shows, right?

I'm almost as cool as you boys now. I'm going to pee when I get this package in the mail.
who likes movies anyway