Apocalypse Now

Started by El Duderino, March 31, 2004, 07:40:06 PM

El Duderino

I just watched this movie for the first time last night on IFC and personally, i think it's just fantastic. The acting was great, the directing was great, the screenplay was awesome. what do you guys think of this movie?
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Pubrick

what do u mean when u say "the directing" was great?
under the paving stones.

El Duderino

i mean Francis Ford Coppola did a good job.

ono

I thought it was pretty boring and the best part was the ending when Brando's character made his appearance.  The confrontation was classic.  I know this opinion will probably be quite unpopular, as most people think the journey there through the film is brilliant, and the ending is the letdown.  I have yet to see Redux in its entirety, though I have seen some of the plantation scenes, and they definitely look intriguing.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

El Duderino

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaI thought it was pretty boring and the best part was the ending when Brando's character made his appearance.  The confrontation was classic.  I know this opinion will probably be quite unpopular, as most people think the journey there through the film is brilliant, and the ending is the letdown.  I have yet to see Redux in its entirety, though I have seen some of the plantation scenes, and they definitely look intriguing.

i have yet to see the original and it's editing, i saw the redux.

MacGuffin

I'm surprised you didn't mention how hot the playboy chicks were in your review.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

El Duderino

Quote from: MacGuffinI'm surprised you didn't mention how hot the playboy chicks were in your review.

you're totally right...i love when they rush the stage. but seriously, during the sex scenes, they're so hot. "susie q" is still in my head

Pubrick

sorry to beat a dead fat man here, so do u mean he did a good job putting the shots? telling ppl what to do? having a vision? telling the actors what to do? eating? shaving?

what i'm implying here is "the directing was good" doesn't mean anything.
under the paving stones.

El Duderino

Quote from: Pubricksorry to beat a dead fat man here, so do u mean he did a good job putting the shots? telling ppl what to do? having a vision? telling the actors what to do? eating? shaving?

what i'm implying here is "the directing was good" doesn't mean anything.

the choice of shots that FFC chose, some of them were just perfect. I think eating he's had enough of and shaving (from what production stills i've seen) seems to be out of the question.

NEON MERCURY

spoilers are in dis bitch.and yes, its my new cathphrase.....

-the direction was great.. :wink:
-redux is much better....its the more "complete" film......why would i watch the abrigded one..?
-my second fav brando role..
-great music/score.....
-coolest characer has to go to the acid dropping surfer..
-the playboy scene is even better w/redux....
-i like the big sword that he kills brabdo with....
-its my second fav. war fiom next to the thin red line..so, yes...i have great tastes...

El Duderino

Quote from: the digital rape
-i like the big sword that he kills brabdo with....

brabdo? hmm..... and the big sword is a machette..what horror.

Pubrick

pointing out a spelling error to NEON is like saying Duderino replies to everything.
under the paving stones.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

El Duderino

saying Pubrick isnt an asshole is like saying Pubrick hates Bjork.