The stupidest thing you've heard someone say about a movie..

Started by CollinBullock, March 29, 2003, 02:00:00 PM

bonanzataz

Quote from: CollinBullockThe kind of guys who decide that they hate america because, well "System Of A Down told me that we deserved to have planes run into us" or whatever.

Those system of a down guys are crazy. The lead singer looks like Bin Laden and their songs are about "self righteous suicide." In the words of Jimmy, "I mean, come...on!"
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

RegularKarate

Quote from: bonanzatazThose system of a down guys are crazy. The lead singer looks like Bin Laden and their songs are about "self righteous suicide." In the words of Jimmy, "I mean, come...on!"

Bin Laden?  What?  Because they both have beards?  Thier beards aren't even similar.

I wouldn't call myself a huge System of a Down fan, but I don't think you know what you're talking about.

bonanzataz

Sorry, forgot I wasn't allowed to poke fun... :roll:

sheesh!

I actually kind of like system of a down, but that's a fucked up thing to say that we deserved to have Sept. 11 happen to us AND have a beard.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

RegularKarate

Quote from: bonanzatazSorry, forgot I wasn't allowed to poke fun... :roll:

sheesh!

I actually kind of like system of a down, but that's a fucked up thing to say that we deserved to have Sept. 11 happen to us AND have a beard.

Well, I suppose that came off a little stronger than I meant it to, I just didn't really get how that guy looks like Bin Laden, it's like when everyone says that any fat old guy with a beard looks like Santa Clause... well, maybe not, Santa never really put out any videos... actually, I don't think they ever said specifically that we deserved what happened Sept. 11, they were just pointing out what we look like in others' eyes.  But then again, they may have actually said that... if so, you're right, that's fucked up.

CollinBullock

Well, my point wasn't really how right System Of A Down was, just that these fucking idiots who apparently decided that documnetaries couldn't be movies didn't have a brain of their own and would believe anything forcefed upon them by the liberal media.

But let's stay away from politics.  This isn't a political topic here.  It's about how fucking stupid the average moviegoer is, especially fucking teenagers.
Reality is extraordinary.  Unfourtanetly, the best parts don't make good movies - Terry Gilliam

Fishbulb

I saw PDL for the first time at a sneak preview before it came out. So there was someone outside taking people's opinions as they left the theater. Bear in mind that the theater started out nearly full and was slightly less than half full by the end of the movie. Depressingly, it wasn't just old people walking out, there were a lot of young, college age people leaving too.

But anyway, some of the comments I heard as I was leaving included "I hated every second of that movie", "it was horrible", etc.  Perhaps the stupidest comment I can remember is some girl that said "That was obviously a low budget movie". Like Adam Sandler's movies are normally ultra-expensive looking and full of special effects. (Well, maybe "Little Nicky", but that was his worst movie). I think maybe she was put off by a movie that was more concerned with human relationships, dialogue, and boring stuff like that, than something like "The Core". Sheesh.

bonanzataz

Quote from: CollinBullockWell, my point wasn't really how right System Of A Down was, just that these fucking idiots who apparently decided that documnetaries couldn't be movies didn't have a brain of their own and would believe anything forcefed upon them by the liberal media.

But let's stay away from politics.  This isn't a political topic here.  It's about how fucking stupid the average moviegoer is, especially fucking teenagers.

Collin, this board goes off on tangents like a motherfucker. Every post (d)evolves into something grander than it was before. THERE'S NO USE TRYING TO STIFLE OUR PARENTHETICAL STATEMENTS!

Markyboy

Walking out of the gene hackman/keanu reeves movie "The Replacements" I hear this guy, about 30, exclaim to his friend "wow ...that is the best movie I have ever seen! How good was that?"

Granted the audience had a fun time with it, but boy is that a good rap considering American Football has zero popularity in this country. I said under my breath, "go see some more movies, wanker!"
A shiny, gold, tall, inexpensive prick.

cowboykurtis

when film makers say: "I can make a better movie than that" -- the why haven't they?
...your excuses are your own...

Cecil

this isnt really a stupid response someone said to a movie, but i think its quite odd and must be heard:

one day, i was standing in "cast away" waiting for it to finish so i can clean it up (note: i worked there). there was about 10-15 minutes left till the end when this old man comes up to me, shows me his ticket for the next show and asks if its allright if he sits down. i tell him "but, youll see the ending of the movie." to which he replies "bah, doesnt matter." and he goes off to sit down and eats his popcorn while watching the ending before the rest of the movie.

Cecil

Quote from: MacGuffinHey!! That was me!! Wow, what an coincidence!

somehow, deep down inside, i allready knew that

cine

My mother and father.. my own flesh and blood.. told me that they hated "Pulp Fiction".. they had to turn it off after TEN MINUTES because "it didn't make any sense."
It's called NOT IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER..

Its people like him that make me not so surprised that animals eat their young. Plus, I think I must be adopted.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: CinephileMy mother and father.. my own flesh and blood.. told me that they hated "Pulp Fiction".. they had to turn it off after TEN MINUTES because "it didn't make any sense."

Its people like him that make me not so surprised that animals eat their young. Plus, I think I must be adopted.

Luckily my Dad's favorite movie is Pulp Fiction, my mom's is The Lion King

CollinBullock

My parents liked Pulp Fiction a lot, actually. Wouldn't let me see it until I was older though.  Fuckers.
Reality is extraordinary.  Unfourtanetly, the best parts don't make good movies - Terry Gilliam

Pedro

Quote from: CinephileMy mother and father.. my own flesh and blood.. told me that they hated "Pulp Fiction".. they had to turn it off after TEN MINUTES because "it didn't make any sense."

I have worse...my aunt and uncle on my reccomendation rented magnolia.  They got it on VHS and ended up putting the second tape in first.  They had no idea what was going on....