PTA Home Film Festival Transcript: Punch Drunk Love

Started by Xixax, June 24, 2003, 11:15:22 PM

modage

two suggestions:

one/ you could continue down the list of directors doing a movie or two of each, which might be interesting since not everyone can agree on all of those directors, it might prove for a more interesting LIVE debate rather than just (wow. how great is pta, type of thing).  wes anderson, then cameron crowe, then coen bros. etc.

or

two/ have like a classics type of thing, since a lot of people havent seen tons of great foreign and american classics.  it might help people out, instead of watching fight club for the 100th time, to see something new.  but then, the talking might take away from the film....so maybe just the site should have suggested movies to view each month and then since everyone will watch them, everyone will have a reason to discuss.

just an idea. either way...or neither way. i dont care.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

aclockworkjj

Quote from: oakmanc234have any of you overseas worked at video stores and gotten 'timecode copy's of movies a month beofre they're released?).

In High School, the store I worked at would get copies that would run studio advertising and purchase info and the bottom of the screen....it really wasn't that bad ....it only lasted a couple of minutes and would only pop up 4-5 times through the movie....kinda similar, I think.

Cecil

Quote from: aclockworkjj
Quote from: oakmanc234have any of you overseas worked at video stores and gotten 'timecode copy's of movies a month beofre they're released?).

In High School, the store I worked at would get copies that would run studio advertising and purchase info and the bottom of the screen....it really wasn't that bad ....it only lasted a couple of minutes and would only pop up 4-5 times through the movie....kinda similar, I think.

dont tell anyone, but.... there was this one video store that would rent those tapes to me. hehehehe

modage

i just told my girlfriend.  do you hate me now?  :?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Cecil

okay, you can all tell your girlfriends if itll make them happy  :-D

modage

MacGuffin

Quote from: themodernage02two/ have like a classics type of thing, since a lot of people havent seen tons of great foreign and american classics.  it might help people out, instead of watching fight club for the 100th time, to see something new.  but then, the talking might take away from the film....so maybe just the site should have suggested movies to view each month and then since everyone will watch them, everyone will have a reason to discuss.

But they would have to be titles everyone has, or can get access to. If there's no foreign film forum here and the discussions for foreign film and American classics directors don't go past a few pages, I highly doubt all of us would have copies of them, and not all members have a video rental store that would stock them close by.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

netflix!

but in theory??  like i said, anything to expand the horizons of this board i am for.