30 Rock (esteemed winner of the 30 Rock vs. Studio 60 deathmatch)

Started by ono, September 18, 2006, 08:00:42 PM

©brad

Last night's was one of their best episodes ever. The microwave name brainstorming with Jack was pure gold.

Stefen

Yeah, it was another great episode. It wasn't as good as last weeks or the General Alisimo ep, but it was great nonetheless. On par with any episode from season 1 and 2.

I'm glad they're spending more time on the other characters instead of it just being the Liz/Jack/Tracy/Kenneth TV Show.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Stefen

These last 4 or 5 episodes have been hilarious.

Tonight, when the deaf lady is reading little Jack's lips and says, "You're saying, apollo, apollo, apollo. Oh, my god, you puked! Why wouldn't you warn me? I'm staring at your mouth!" I started lizzing.

And then when they discover Liz's phone sex commercial. "That's not even enough numbers!" HILARIOUS.

Also, Dennis is back, which is always awesome.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

SiliasRuby

The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Pas

The start of the season was lame but they have redeemed themselves totally in the last month, and this one was hilarious. I laughed more in the first 2 minutes than in any complete show since AD probably.

©brad

When Kenneth sees Liz in puppet form, and then they cut to Liz in human form walking like a puppet, I lizzed everywhere.

modage

i completely agree.  i don't know HOW they did it, but 30 Rock got completely awesome in 1 episode and have been completely awesome every episode since.  what the hell was going on for the first half of season 3?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Kal

I guess they needed ratings so they had to write all those guest celebs in. Now they're back to doing what they do best.

The whole muppet thing was hilarious in this episode, and it was awesome to have Dennis back.

SiliasRuby

The muppets moments felt like really special moments to me....gave me a big smile.

My Collection

pete

I had a dream where I was trying to explain the puppet shot transitioning to real life liz.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Pedro

Did you guys miss out this week?  This episode was fantastic!  Liz's Steve Jobs style presentation?  The way Jack handles downsizing?  The ending?  I thought Tracy was particularly absurd/funny and Jack McBrayer was of course wonderful as usual.  Absolutely the best comedy on tv.

SiliasRuby

Yep, definitely. By the way, you can preorder season 3 of this show, season 3 of heroes, and season 5 of the office now on amazon.

My Collection

cine

Quote from: SiliasRuby on April 11, 2009, 10:04:38 AM
By the way, you can preorder season 3 of this show, season 3 of heroes, and season 5 of the office now on amazon.
season 3 of heroes??? yeah, thanks, i'll order that piece of shit right away.

Kal

who pre-orders DVDs anymore? I mean, there is not as much demand as there used to be, so it doesnt happen that they get sold out or something like that. You can just buy them when they come out.

SiliasRuby

The only reason I pre-order them is that I usually get a discount before it is released officially released.

My Collection