30 Rock (esteemed winner of the 30 Rock vs. Studio 60 deathmatch)

Started by ono, September 18, 2006, 08:00:42 PM

©brad

modage

its consistently low rated.  the only reason it has been renewed is because it was awesome and critics love it.  if it follows the AD model, we'll get half a third season and thats prob the end.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

matt35mm

Mod, why do you insist on breaking hearts?

Stefen

I really hope NBC takes the Seinfeld approach with 30 Rock. Give it a few seasons to catch on. How many of you watched this when it first started? Not very many. Many like myself started watching at the end of last season.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

polkablues

Actually, I think a lot of us here were watching the show from the beginning.  The only problem was, we were the only ones.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Ravi

The show itself is a lot more accessible than AD, but the trick is getting people to watch it in the first place.

Stefen

Everyone be sure to watch 30 Rock tonight. It's a new episode at it needs ratings.

And someone split this into it's own thread pretty please. It shouldn't be associated with that awful other show anymore.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

matt35mm

Quote from: Stefen on December 06, 2007, 05:22:12 PM
Everyone be sure to watch 30 Rock tonight. It's a new episode at it needs ratings.

And someone split this into it's own thread pretty please. It shouldn't be associated with that awful other show anymore.

If you don't have a Neilsen box, wouldn't it make more sense to watch it at nbc.com?  I imagine that they must track the online views, but they're not gonna know whether I tuned in to it on TV or not.

If anyone has a Neilsen box though, watch this shit.

Stefen

Quote from: matt35mm on December 06, 2007, 06:15:29 PM
Quote from: Stefen on December 06, 2007, 05:22:12 PM

If you don't have a Neilsen box, wouldn't it make more sense to watch it at nbc.com?  I imagine that they must track the online views, but they're not gonna know whether I tuned in to it on TV or not.

If anyone has a Neilsen box though, watch this shit.

How can you tell if you have a Nielson box? Cause I'd rather not watch it when it airs cause there is a basketball game I want to see on.

matt35mm

You don't have one, then.

You get a Nielsen box when Mr. Nielsen calls you or sends a letter and asks, "Do you want a Nielsen box?"  They choose households at random, and I guess they give them money to participate for a limited amount of time.  During this time, your TV gets some stuff hooked to it that will send your viewing info to Nielsen, and I think you also fill out a diary for them.  They then take all of this information to produce...

NIELSEN RATINGS!

Stefen

So how do they even know how many people are watching what? Sounds like a guessing game.

What stays on the air is up to a bunch of white people in the burbs?

matt35mm

Quote from: Stefen on December 06, 2007, 06:55:07 PM
What stays on the air is up to a bunch of white people in the burbs?

Perhaps last week's ratings will answer your question:

polkablues

Here's a question... has anyone here ever had, or even known a family that had, a Nielsen box in their household?  Granted, given the small sample size, this is not a very scientific survey, but given that it's at least as scientific as the actual Nielsen ratings system, the results of this question will determine whether or not Nielsen boxes even actually exist. 

Also if Maya Kash is a dude.
My house, my rules, my coffee

pete

"I'm black."

Gonna say some obvious stuff.
Nielson box, just like TV in general, are there for the advertisers.  Its accuracy is as relevant as the entertainment value of the shows - they're just there to convince the advertisers that people who want their products are in fact watching.

30 rock is not just for cool people anymore though.  I met this fellow passenger, a fat neurotic lady from a craigslist rideshare who hated everything under 30, but she was going on and on about how great that show was.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Stefen

I had a naughty dream about Tina Fey last night. What's that about? Isn't that supposed to stop after you turn 16? I don't even own a washer and dryer. I usually drop my laundry off at my parents house and my mom does it.

I don't know if I'll be able to watch this anymore.