Irreversible DVD

Started by cinemanarchist, August 05, 2003, 08:25:27 PM

cinemanarchist

I hoped some of you picked this up today...$19.99 at Best Buy. This one sure doesn't get any easier to watch upon repeat viewings!. But one thing really bugs me about this dvd and that's the features. It was reported very shortly before release that this would have a Gaspar Noe commentary on it, and it does not...and the back cover says there are deleted scenes and a making of on the special effects...and it doesn't. Please let me know if I am just retarded or if there is some serious false advertising going on here. The only features on my disc were soundtrack...two music videos and some french teasers.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

alphasixty

I had the smae problem. I called Lions Gate Entertainment and they said they'd look into it and get back to me.  When they do I'll post their response.

jokerspath

Wow, that is some buuuuuuuuullshit.  Most sites still list a Noe comm.  I'll hold off on this or, better yet, Netflix it if there is no commentary...

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

filmcritic

I had the same problem with the "Monster's Ball" DVD, which is also from Lions Gate. There were not as many special features as they said on the back.
"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

jonas

I rented it last night and I wanted to see how they did the face smash special FX and I couldn't find it.

When you go to the extras there is a soundtrack link, 2 other links (which go to some sort of extra shots??) and a teasers link.

Also, when you roll over the lions gate logo on the main menu and click, you get another teaser trailer thingy.

I couldn't find anything for the commentary as well.

Bastids.
"Mein Führer, I can walk!" - Dr. Strangelove

alphasixty

Yeah, i e-mailed them wondering what was up and of course they never replied. So then yesterday i called them to find out why the DVD was missing those features and the guy told me he'd call me back today and of course never did. Now when i call them all i get is an answering machine. I think we should all demand a replacement and/or our money back. This is seriously ridiculous.

modage

you should demand your money back, but not because there werent any special features.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ravi

Maybe they're saving them for a Signature Series release.

http://www.davisdvd.com/News/daily_news.htm

LESS EXTRAS FROM LIONS GATE

Just a heads-up to anyone planning on picking up the disturbing Irreversible. The Lions Gate disc was originally announced to include an audio commentary with director Gaspar Noe, deleted scenes and a featurette on the special makeup effects. Unfortunately, none of those are on the finished disc. The back of the box still lists the deleted scenes and the featurette, but they are not there. The only remaining extras are a couple of music videos and some trailers. Disappointing yes, but I still recommend the film.

alphasixty

You should demand your money back BECAUSE there aren't any special features...AFTER THEY ADVERTISED THAT THERE WOULD BE...EVEN ON THE BOX ITSELF! Oh, by the way, the guy on the phone I spoke with said that those two music videos, "stress" and "outrage" ARE the deleted scenes! Pretty misleading, right?[/quote]

Indrid Cold

did anyone have a problem with the subtitles? on mine a yellow box appeared in frame when ever there was text up. i had to stop then start it again to get rid of it but it was kinda annoying.

Ghostboy

So much for me buying this DVD. I love the movie, but I don't really want to watch it again. I would have, though, with the commentary, and I really wanted to see those docs. Oh well. They'll probably release it again, like they did with Monster's Ball. Losers.

NEON MERCURY

just curious.....how shocking is this film please use the  :shock: 'o meter...

1 for all hype w/o thew watts

5-like being hit by lightning

cowboykurtis

i was a bout to buy it, then i decided that whiping my ass with a 20 dollar and watching it, was a better scource of amusement
...your excuses are your own...

Newtron

Quote from: NEON MERCURYjust curious.....how shocking is this film please use the  :shock: 'o meter...

1 for all hype w/o thew watts

5-like being hit by lightning
I haven't seen it, but I'd give it a  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :puppydogeyes:  :kiss:.

Based in part on the reports of little to no "usable" footage of Monica Bellucci, even though she is naked for a while.

jokerspath

Any word yet on LionsGate's response?

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT