Most perfectly composed shot in movie history

Started by Just Withnail, May 22, 2003, 12:32:14 PM

picolas

mogwai

alrighty picolas, here's my challenge... this is the "fit-as-many-people-you-can-in-one-single-shot" challenge:

rustinglass

"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

mogwai

Quote from: rustinglasscg people permited?
hahaha, you're joking right?

that's called cheating.

ono

Quote from: mogwaialrighty picolas, here's my challenge... this is the "fit-as-many-people-you-can-in-one-single-shot" challenge:

I think Metropolis has that beat.  But I can't cap it.

mogwai

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaI think Metropolis has that beat.  But I can't cap it.
great, picolas can now beat me. :wink:

anyway, gamblor du jour, here's the eyes wide shut caps i promised you. i don't think i can describe them as well as p did:

Quote from: Pit's just sum energetic doggy and table top orgy-thons. i wouldn't call it titillating, but it goes a long way in improving the mood of the film, and the whole mansion sequence.

due to the apparent explicit nature of the caps i've decided to make links of the caps. but i'm confused over the rating boards in america can ruin a movie like eyes wide shut. they're just making love a lá the kubrick way. but they don't do anything about the violence in movies. it's just sickening to me. anyway, i will stop preaching... here they are:

orgy 1 . orgy 2 . orgy 3 . orgy 4 . orgy 5 . orgy 6

©brad

sexilicious.

i'll um... i'm gonna... be in the err...shower... for a while.

Alethia

you think the reason it took so long to shoot is because maybe kubrick spent the most time on the orgy shots? the dirty lil bastard...

©brad

Quote from: ewardyou think the reason it took so long to shoot is because maybe kubrick spent the most time on the orgy shots? the dirty lil bastard...

i woulda loved to have been the dp. "well stanley, i think we need to do that doggy-style on the pool table shot just one more time..."

Pedro

Quote from: ©brad
Quote from: ewardyou think the reason it took so long to shoot is because maybe kubrick spent the most time on the orgy shots? the dirty lil bastard...

i woulda loved to have been the dp. "well stanley, i think we need to do that doggy-style on the pool table shot just one more time..."
how about one of the actors?

Gamblour.

Quote from: Pedro the Wombat
Quote from: ©brad

how about one of the actors?

"Alright, I want you to really grind it in her, I mean come as close to having sex as possible. Use your monolith strongly and proudly."
"You're paying me to do this?"
WWPTAD?

ono

Quote from: Gamblor du JourUse your monolith strongly and proudly.
Tee-hee!

mogwai

these three following caps are from "the pianist". i find these shots in the movie very haunting and the viewer can only see a bit of the destruction because of the big wall that's there. this happens after some of the jews fights back at the nazi's but after a while they have to give up because the whole ghetto is on fire.

Myxo

I'm at work, so I don't have access to a DVD player for CAPs. I did find these though.

Chest Rockwell

I'm going to have to say that long shot at the beginning of I Am Cuba when the camera follows the woman and all that. Not necessarily because of any 'emotional impact' or anything like that, but because I think it's amazing to think how it could have been pulled off without the use of Steadicam crap. One of cinema's greatest mysteries unsolved....