All I Can Say - Documentary

Started by wilder, December 11, 2020, 05:08:40 AM

wilder

Shannon Hoon, lead singer of the rock band Blind Melon, filmed himself from 1990-95 with a Hi8 video camera, recording up until a few hours before his sudden death at the age of 28. His camera was a diary and his closest confidant. In the hundreds of hours of footage, Hoon meticulously documented his life – his family, his creative process, his television, his band's rise to fame and his struggle with addiction. He filmed his daughter's birth, and archived the politics and culture of the 90's, an era right before the internet changed the world. Created with his own footage, voice and music, this intimate autobiography is a prescient exploration of experience and memory in the age of video. It is also Shannon Hoon's last work, completed 23 years after his death.

Directed by Danny Clinch, Taryn Gould, Colleen Hennessy, and Shannon Hoon
Release Date - On blu-ray November 24, 2020 from Oscilloscope

WorldForgot

Wow, that Hi8 footage iz precious.
Thanks for putting this on my radar, wilder, looking forward to watching it.

PinkTeeth

Yeah, thanks wilder, for all you do  :bravo:
Lot of gold today!
New Name, Same Typos.

Stefen

My brain short circuited at some point in the nineties and combined the bee girl from the no rain video and the good personality girl from gummo into the same person and the wires didn't uncross until a couple years ago and I think about that often.

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.