CINEMA TRIPS

Started by finlayr, April 17, 2003, 04:28:40 PM

finlayr

How many times do YOU go to the cinema in a week?  What's the most amount of times you've went in a week?  And what's the one film that you've seen the most?
Filmmaker

Thecowgoooesmooo

I go about once or twice a week. I've probly seen About Shmidt the most in theatres.

chris

Cecil

i probably go once a week on average, but see 2-3 movies in one day (and pay once heheh).

the most movies ive seen one after another in a movie theatre is probably 5. whats the most amount of movies anyone has seen in theatres in one day?

EL__SCORCHO

Lately I'm not going to the theater as much as I'd like to. I'm on a budget and I'm scared of throwing my 10 bucks away, I could rent a few dvds with that. So I'm being more picky with the ones I see. Though, when I do have cash I go about 1 or 2 a week.

The most films I've seen in a week was about 7,8 during a film festival. And the most in one day was 3.

I know this one guy who saw Lord of The Rings 3 times back to back to back in one day. I don't think my ass could take that.

budgie

Most I've seen in one day is three: Dances With Wolves, some foreign thing I'm ashamed to admit I can't remember, and Goodfellas. But I can't do that anymore. Those were the days when I was young and friendless had fewer cares.

soixante

I go to the theater exatcly ZERO times a week.  I only watch stuff on DVD, in the privacy of my home, where no idiots can disrupt my viewing experience by showing up late and/or talking.  Last December, morons who couldn't shut up ruined Adaptation and Gangs of New York for me.  Sadly, there are simply too many rude motherfuckers out there who can't shut the fuck up during a movie.  I give up.  Plus, before the film, they show those fucking shot-on-video commercials.  The last thing I want to see after plucking down 9 bucks is a fucking commercial.  Or else they flash a slide-show of ads on the screen, which is annoying too.

I used to love going to the theater, but unfortunately, it has become too much of a pain to go.  I would like to thank the rude yuppie couple who spent the entirety of Adaptation blabbing away at the Grove last December.  Thank you, assholes!
Music is your best entertainment value.

MacGuffin

Quote from: cecil b. dementedthe most movies ive seen one after another in a movie theatre is probably 5. whats the most amount of movies anyone has seen in theatres in one day?

I've done five in one day at the theater many times because I still have no friends. I think the most one can see in a day (given the show times and length of films) is six.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

back when i was 13/14 i'd do 4 in a nite till the early morning at Movie Marathons. it was like a sleepover with hot chicks. :shock:

these days i never go cos EFFORT and all the hot chicks like older dudes.
under the paving stones.

Cecil

i also agree that going to the cinema used to be more fun. theres nothing compared to the big screen and all, but theres something i like about watching dvds (or heck even vhs) late at night when im alone. the experience  seems alot more clandestine and "dirty"

ksmc

I drove 80 miles to see PDL in November and saw it three times in a row. The most I have seen in a day is five, and the movie I have seen most in the theater was "Best in Show" w/ 11 viewings.
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules."

EL__SCORCHO

I fucking flew to the US to see magnolia in theaters. Saw it 3 times, but not in one day.

Tiff

Quote from: EL__SCORCHOI fucking flew to the US to see magnolia in theaters. Saw it 3 times, but not in one day.

wtf?! wasn't it released where ur from? ...where r u from?
"Shut the fuck up!"

EL__SCORCHO

Quote from: Tiff
Quote from: EL__SCORCHOI fucking flew to the US to see magnolia in theaters. Saw it 3 times, but not in one day.

wtf?! wasn't it released where ur from? ...where r u from?

I'm from the dominican republic, and for some fucking reason New Line movies don't come out there, except for Lord of the Rings because the theaters knew it would make money. And the ones that are released, arrive like 3, 4 months later unless it's a huge blockbuster.

The thing about magnolia was, I hate airplanes, I'm terrified of them. . But I got on one anyway just to come to NY and see Magnolia. I told that to Paul at a PDL screening and he told me I was "fukin crazy", but in a good way. I've been in the US past 2 years now in college, so I can finally check out good movies.

Ghostboy

I guess I go to the theater four times a week on average (this is not counting the 40 hours p/week I spend at my theater as a projectionist). Sometimes more, sometimes less.  I'll go twice in a day pretty much at least once a week, but the most I've ever seen in one day I think is only three, maybe four.

On the flip side, I only watch movies at home probably once or twice a week, if that. I'm a movie theater junkie.

budgie

Quote from: MacGuffinbecause I still have no friends. .

I am your friend but you're not mine.  :yabbse-cry: