A Separation

Started by MacGuffin, January 07, 2012, 03:39:59 PM

MacGuffin

Trailer here.

Release Date: December 30th, 2011 (limited)

Starring: Leila Hatami, Peyman Moadi, Shahab Hosseini, Sareh Bayat, Sarina

Directed by: Ashhar Farhadi

Premise: Wanting to leave Iran with her husband Nader and daughter Termeh, Simin makes all the necessary arrangements. However, her husband Nader refuses to leave behind his father who suffers from Alzheimers. Determined to leave, Simin sues for divorce, and when her request is rejected, she moves in with her parents.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

malkovich

This film is incredible. It was my favorite of 2011 after Tree of Life and Melancholia. And if you haven't seen the trailer yet, don't. It gives away too much of the plot, I think. I went into it not knowing what it was about and it just floored me. Fantastic acting, writing, and directing. I'm hoping it'll win Best Foreign Film this year.

O.

I was reading the latest New Yorker, the film section showcased this film. Then I read too much and I was like fuuuuuck.
superb

Alexandro

Masterpiece.
Holy shit with this movie. There is no weak spot, no forced emotions, no plot point unresolved, really, nothing is wrong.
How this film has been discussed more around here? I was under the impression it was good but didn't have a clue of how great it actually is.

Agree with the above posts: don't see a trailer, don't read about it, just see it without knowing anything.

the best written film in ages, that's for sure.