I have a $100 gift card...

Started by TheVoiceOfNick, December 24, 2003, 09:27:27 AM

TheVoiceOfNick

for Best Buy... what should I get?  I am nearly 100% certain I want only DVDs.... so i'm thinking of getting something I wouldn't normally buy with my own money... like a boxset... i'm always buying $20 DVDs, but am too much of a whoos to spend $60 on a 3,4,5-disc set.  So what should I get?

Kal

DVDs is the answer I guess... I dont know what you like but yes probably you should buy some boxsets that you'd never do with 100 bucks from your own pocket. Or you can get a bunch of great movies they have for $14.99.

The other day I bought a couple of seasons of The Simpsons and I felt empty... I spent a lot of money and had only two boxes...  :oops:

Im not buying any more box sets until Seinfeld and Curb your Enthusiasm though :)

cine

It helps to know what DVDs you DO have...

Alethia

get the new antoine doinel boxset from criterion, its around eighty i think, and then buy a cheapie

Find Your Magali

I've never really considered buying The Godfather box set with my own money, but I might with a gift card.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: ewardget the new antoine doinel boxset from criterion, its around eighty i think, and then buy a cheapie

Great Idea! I'm thinking about buying it myself.

MacGuffin

If I had a gift card at the time, I would have used it on this, but, even still, it was money well spent:

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Suggestions:

Indiana Jones box set
Alien Quadrilogy
Stanley Kubrick Collection
uh...

Family Guy Season 1-2
Family Guy Season 3

You can't go wrong with Family Guy.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Ghostboy

I second MacGuffin's suggestion! The great thing is that it is inexpensive enough for you to also be able to afford the box set of Kieslowski's 'Three Colors' trilogy. With one gift card, you can get a complete set of some of the most essential cinematic works of the past twenty years! Hurrah!